Chapter 27: ...Begins With The First Step

The chapter begins with the camera providing a panoramic view of the Imperial Capital, during a bright sunny morning.

[Insert this soundtrack: A Snoggletog Prologue - Anthony Willis]

"This is the Imperial Capital." - Says a narrator with a very familiar voice - "It has approximately 200,000 square kilometers. All the first ten months of the year, we have a pleasant scorching sun, and in the last two, a climate so warm that it freezes to the toe."

We are presented with an aerial view of the Imperial Palace.

"Corruption here is rife. It's all down to the repulsive and hateful prime minister, who keeps getting in the head of the emperor, who is a child. His affiliates and the members of the Empire are hard bones and tasteless."

The screen undergoes a transition away from the Capital, over a forest, until it reaches a plateau.

"That's what the Revolutionary Army is for, an anti-imperialist faction. They have a secret group to carry out assassinations in the Capital and special missions."

A shadow darts across the ground, flying to a small pond.

When we get a better view of the lake, we see a Razorwhip dragon flying over the waterhole, carrying two people on her back.

"This group... is us! Night Raid!"

[End of soundtrack]

When everything becomes clearer, we see Akame (with a fisherman's hat made of straw) flying on Jade's back, with Susanoo sitting behind the girl, who was eating an onigiri.

Narrowing her eyes at the lake, Jade growls, drawing the swordswoman's attention.

Akame: Jade found something!! - She calls out to the Imperial Arm organic behind her.

Just as Akame warns, a fish-like danger beast leaps out of the water, intent on devouring the three individuals. Jade recoils in fear and Akame gives a start, smearing a grain of onigiri on her cheek.

Susanoo, with his cleaning manias, quickly removes the piece of rice cake from his teammate's face, looking at the piece of food blankly.

Susanoo: Done!

The aquatic danger beast leaps to try and devour the trio, only to take a swing from Susanoo's staff right in the stomach, injuring the creature to the point where it drops, dead.

Jade, feeling safe, lands on the ground, allowing the two humans riding her to descend.

Akame: Heh! I think tonight will be good, Suu! - She says, smiling at the Arm of Najenda.

"It's been a month since the Revolutionary Army's war with the dragons officially ended. Night Raid was on "rest" during this time period, as we had no missions. It was also enough time for the Revolutionary Army to get used to the dragons. Of course, at first it was a little tense, mainly because the dragons still had customs that irritated people, like eating almost anything they found, causing destruction and even defecating around. But we've learned to use the dragons' ways to our advantage instead of trying to work against them. The fact that they received advice and guidance from me on how to train their dragons also helped a lot." - Says the voice of the narrator.