"Sure. Thanks for your help."

"Hey, doc. Is he..."

"He's resting."

"And?"

"The electrocution triggered a heart attack. Pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart... it's damaged."

"How damaged?" Tasie asked shakily.

"We've done all we can. We can try to make him comfortable at this point. But, I'd give him a couple weeks, at most, maybe a month."

"No, no. There's, there's... gotta be something you can do, some kind of treatment."

"We can't work miracles. I really am sorry."

Tasie's jaw clenched and she walked away.

Sam and Dean walked away, an upset look on their faces.

They sighed and made their way to Levi's room.

Levi was watching TV as Sam, Dean, Tasie and Ethan entered. "Have you three ever actually watched daytime TV? It's horrible."

Sam shook his head and sighed. "Dean, Tasie and I talked to your doctor."

"That fabric softener teddy bear. Oh, I'm gonna hunt that little bitch down."

Tasie frowned. "Levi."

Levi looked up and clicked the TV off. "Yeah. All right, well, looks like you're gonna leave town without me."

"What are you talking about?" Dean said. "We're not gonna leave you here."

Levi's tone turned serious. "Hey, you better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I'll haunt your asses. Dean may drive it, but it's a car we all ride in. Take care of Ethan."

"Sam, Tasie and I don't think that's funny."

"Oh, come on, it's a little funny." Levi paused a moment. "Look, Sammy, Dean, Tase, what can I say, dudes, it's a dangerous gig. I drew the short straw. That's it, end of story."

"Don't talk like that, all right?" Sam said. "We still have options."

"What options? Yeah, burial or cremation. And I know it's not easy. But I'm gonna die. And you three can't stop it."

"Watch us," Tasie said sharply.

Ethan whined, holding his hands out to his father.

---

Sam made his way back to the motel room and started researching. Tasie, Dean, who insisted on driving them back, and Ethan stayed at the hospital with Levi.

He dialed a number. "This is John Winchester. I can't be reached. If this is an emergency, call my son, Dean. 866-907-3235. He can help."

Sam fought tears. "Hey, Dad. It's Sam. Uh... You probably won't even get this, but, uh... it's Levi. He's sick, and uh... the doctors say there's nothing they can do. Um... but, uh, they don't know the things we know, right? So, don't worry, 'cause Dean, Tasie and I are uh... gonna do whatever it takes to get him better. All right... just wanted you to know."

Sam hung up, tossed his phone on the bed and sat there silently. The was a knock on the door and he looked up quickly, tears in his eyes. He opened it to find Levi leaning against the jam, looking terrible. Tasie, holding Ethan, and Dean stood behind.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Sam asked.

"I checked myself out," Levi replied.

"What, are you crazy?"

Tasie frowned. "Yes. He is."

Levi entered the room, leaning on everything within reach. "Well, I'm not gonna die in a hospital when I know the doctors can't do anything." He shrugged.