0.1

" April, you can't be serious! I know you didn't forget about my birthday party?"  Lauren frowns while on Facetime

" April, you can't be serious! I know you didn't forget about my birthday party?" Lauren frowns while on Facetime. Lauren, my best friend since kindergarten. She's my sister I'd do anything for her and I know she's do anything for me.

" Girl, calm yourself down. I didn't forget! Time just simply flew by and I was shocked that it was already here. Chubbs sent that invite months again and it went by so quickly.

" You're right! I'm so glad all of my girls can come! It's usually one of you that has to go out of town for work or some shit!" I laughed because she was right! It's always her birthday when someone had to do something.

" I just want to have a time and drink, baby! I haven't had a night out since.... Well, you know. There's no reason to mention that shit." I laughed to myself thinking about my last failed attempt at a relationship.

" A.P, you didn't even give that man a chance. Let's be real. You never know what that could've been."

" Lauren, are you smoking? That man basically lied saying he had a job but didn't! He didn't have a car. Asking me to borrow my car our second time on the phone." I looked to the side of me to see a figure standing in my doorway.

" Hold on Laur. Yes?" I smirked at my big baby! My 16-year-old son, Juanzo. Had my baby at 16, his father didn't want a child so I raised him by myself. I definitely had a great support system. Between my mom and dad, my brothers and Lauren.

" Ma, can I go to the movies tonight with Cairo and a few others?"

" Hmm, don't you have two games tomorrow?" I asked. It was already 7:30 and I knew he'd be out a little late.

" Yes, but I'll be good."

" Ok, how are you getting home?" He smiled and looked away.

"That's another thing I wanted to ask you."

" Mmhmm." Raising my eyebrows.

" Can you pick me and Cairo up? And can he stay over so that we don't have to get him in the morning? He's coming to my games." My son is always making plans without coming to me first.

" Fine. Go on and get ready." He nods and rushes off.

" You know you can't tell my baby no! I was waiting on a no and I was going get my ass up and pick them up myself." Lauren laughed. She was his godmother and my guy best friend Chris was his godfather.

" Girl hush! Anyway did you decide on your outfit?" I asked while seeing a notification pop up on my phone. I had a showing that I need to do tomorrow. The good thing is that it's after Zo's 1st game. I'll be able to make both games.

" I did, I narrowed it down to two, surprisingly."

" Let me guess, the one with the gold and the one with the red." Smirking while she rolled her eyes.