chapter 14

NONE OF US WILL EVER SEE OUR FAMILY AGAIN IF WE GO TO WAR! WE WILL ALL DIE OR WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!" 

"Mary?" 

"You know what? Fuck this. Join this stupid war if you want but don't blame if you die and don't talk to me ever again" 

Mary storms off as Lily shouts after her. James pulls Lily into a hug and Lily breaks down into his arms. James didn't know why but he and Lily were suddenly alone. Lily slowly stops crying so they sit down on a bench together, still in each other's hold.  

"Are you ok, Lily? 

"Yeah I'm fine. What about you?" 

"I'm …. You know you can open up to be right"

"Yeah….. so can you" 

"I know.    Why don't we open up to each other? We are probably the only ones who'll understand. We both just lost our partner" 

"Yeah……. I love Mary. I really do but I … I have to fight in this war. I have to protect those who can't protect themselves. I need to make sure sev- snape doesn't hurt anyone else. But if I fight in this war I might lose more than just mary.  And Snape is right.  I'm going to die young and never be able to be a mother" 

"I understand and i feel the same way Lily" 

"You do?" 

"I do.  ……. I wish there was a way we could just become parents together and co parent together while protecting everyone in this goddamn war" 

"There is james!" 

"What?" 

"There is. We marry each other as friends and we have a kid together as friends. Remus could marry us"  

"That's an amazing plan.  But it takes 24 hours to get that certificate thing and we need to move tonight whatever happens" 

"That's only if we want to be married on land but if we stay on the ships to fight the wars, Remus can mary us now James. Then we can try to become parents" 

"Okay lets do it then"  

So they did. James and Lily got Remus ti secretly marry them on the vixen ship there and then while Sirius and Peter were setting up The Marauder for another member as everyone, but Alice and Frank, had agreed to fight in the war. Alice and Frank were going to try and get the tavern back up and working. So with that the Marauders and Lily set sail.