10: The Talk Of Town

Start from the beginning

"Well, because he found out by accident! It was a big misunderstanding, and now he would not let it go... Not that not letting go is a bad thing." (Y/n) mumbled, as the couple cast a look at each other.

"I see... Regardless of whatever is happening between the two of you, everybody is going to be curious about what is going on, which is something you can use to your advantage. That kind of publicity will bring more people to your shop! Maybe you could even make an accessory inspired by this rumor." Kayden suggested with a grin, (Y/n) going to look suspiciously at him.

"Wouldn't doing that just make people think that there is something between us even more?"

"Maybe, but free publicity is free publicity! Besides, it's not like it is out of the ordinary for female Zora such as yourself to crush on our prince." Kayden chuckled.

"I-I do not have a crush on him!" (Y/n) retorted.

Who was the one who first started spreading this rumor in the first place? It had to be one of the guards, but who? Was it the one who guarded the bridge the two would use to get to Mikau Lake? Whoever it was, (Y/n) was internally wishing to bicker at them for now drawing such attention on the two. Of course everyone would think something is up! Some out of the Domain merchant starts getting close with their prince in a short period of time, and then is seen sneaking off with him?

(Y/n) honestly could not blame everyone for thinking the two were some sort of secret couple due to their nightly lessons. However, if this was such big news, she could only imagine how the prince was faring with the rumors. It made her start to worry about him.

Would the Council Of Elders forbid him from continuing to see (Y/n), which would mean him ceasing those valuable swimming lessons that she so desperately needed? Or worst yet, would they reprimand him for "mingling" with a commoner, or even banish her so he did not give in to "temptation"? From what (Y/n) heard of the council, she knew they were very strict, and it worried her how much trouble Sidon could get in just by doing her a favor.

All those worries were visible on her troubled face, which made Kodah and Kayden give a sympathetic smile at (Y/n).

"Now, (Y/n), your troubles are as clear on your face to see as the very water. Do not worry about the prince! He will be fine, regardless of these rumors, I know it!" Kodah told her with an encouraging grin.

(Y/n) nodded softly. She knew he would be, but she couldn't help but worry. She came to really care about Sidon, and she would feel guilty for having been the possible reason he got into some trouble with the council.

Just as (Y/n) was feeling a lot of worry about these rumors, Captain Bazz was able to pull Prince Sidon aside to have a talk with him about those very rumors.

"As the Captain of the Guard, it is my duty to keep an eye on all inhabitants in the Domain, which means... Knowing if you really do fancy (Y/n), the accessory merchant?" Captain Bazz questioned, which got a quizzical look from Sidon, before he started to frown.

"Regardless if I do or not, what would you expect me to say to you? No true gentleman delves into his romantic life as if it was some casual conversation!" He barked in response.

It wasn't often Sidon got like this. He was usually all smiles. But, this kind of rumor, that he and (Y/n) were secret lovers, really irked him in a way.

It meant that there would be more eyes on them than ever, which meant (Y/n)'s inability to swim may very well be found out, and he would rather swim in the lava of Death Mountain than to let that happen. He did not want anyone seeing her as anything other than the sweet, funny Zora who set up a new trendy shop in the Domain. Making accessories appeared to be her passion, and that was the only thing he wanted a light shined on.