Chapter Three

"I'm telling you. He knows Violet Rivers." Callie just wouldn't believe me.

"Yeah, right. And I'm married to Johnny Depp." She scoffed, as we made our way towards the bar, more than ready to share a bottle of wine. Jaxon delivered good on his promise. Our names were on the list. I had a flutter of panic for a fraction of a second when we stood, waiting to get past the tight security. The thought of walking away, and the possibility of the strangers sniggering, filled me with dread.

"I doubt Johnny Depp will ever get married again, but that's beside the point." That crazy ex-wife of his really fucked him over.

"He probably just said that, hoping to get into your panties."

"He doesn't seem the type. He seems nice. And anyway, who said I'm wearing any panties?" I teased over the loud music.

"You better be. Because that's my mini skirt you're wearing." The shock on Callie's face was priceless. I never gave her it back after our last night out. Instead, I paired it with a corset crop top and my trusted black stilettos. Why waste money on a new outfit when I could just switch an outfit up?

"Kidding, obviously. Anyway, he is a somebody, and I'm just a housekeeper. There's no chance he would be interested in someone like me."

"Why not?" She leaned in closer. "You body slammed into Jaxon Van Dolce! He could've kicked you out of his room, but he didn't. That would imply he was just as attracted to you as you were to him." I knew she would dig around into the man I body slammed into.

"The whole body slamming into him was an accident." How was I supposed to know he was a billionaire by name?

"Was it? Was it really, though? Is he as sexy naked as he is in his expensive looking suits?" she teased.

"It's not like I go around the hotel, looking for rich men to slam into in the hopes I can bag a husband. And to answer your question — Yes, he's sexy as sin."

"Like how big?" she was more curious than ever.

I held my hand up. "I'm not having this conversation."

"You could try to find him." She glanced around, looking for him on my behalf. "Maybe get some action tonight? Maybe bag a rich boyfriend."

I shook my head. "Not happening. Do you remember the last date I went on? You had to come and rescue me." My track record of romances wasn't exactly anything to scream about. In fact, my romance life was non-existent. New York had a lot to offer when it came to speed dating and spontaneous hook-ups, but I wanted more than just sex. I wanted that bond with a significant other. Someone to snuggle and share takeout with.

"How were you supposed to know that the guy liked kinky sex clubs?" Callie laughed.

"I'm all for good sex but having an audience. Thanks, but no thanks." the very thought of having strangers watching me having sex panicked me.

We weaved around the fleet of bodies. The bar wasn't only a bar. It boasted two rooms downstairs. A VIP room—the very one that Violet Rivers was being holed up in—we also were entitled to gain access to that very room, but checked the bar out first. I most likely would've got manhandled out for being a fanatic fan. There was also a dance room that not only had a DJ, but had stages placed around the room with men and women dancing. Oiled up in the skimpiest underwear and grinding to the beat.

We squeezed our way to the bar and ordered a couple of glasses of wine. We contemplated buying a cocktail each, but at seventeen bucks a glass, we decided against it. Fancy bar or not. I sure as hell wasn't paying nearly twenty dollars for a cocktail. We sipped and giggled our way through our conversation.