'Mercenaries.' Jimin's cold tone and a simple answer was enough to realize that he still has no idea what was going on

'Well... he's not wrong.' Hoseok added as the rest of them put their guns away. Took them a while.

Turning back to him, he was still pretty stiff. Still ready for a fight.

'Is your head okay? Does it hurt?' I ask

He only kept staring at me for a moment before shaking his head as a no. At least he's not in pain.

'Do you wanna...?' I trail off, gesturing to the house

He looked around, peeking inside. Like a child that wants something but is afraid to ask for it.

'No one is going to hurt you. I promise. No fighting.'

'Let's... Let's pull back. Give him space.' Namjoon gave out an order, but he himself barely followed through. He didn't wanna move either.

'You're safe here. I promise.' I repeat myself, and he finally looks at me, nodding the tiniest bit.

He kept a knife in his hand, but it didn't seem like he was going to use it, so I shouldn't worry much.

He walked in behind me, very slowly. His eyes kept darting around, taking in the sight as if it's the first time he's here.
After him being gone for so long, this feels so weird. Having him here. The rest of them kept looking at him like he's an animal in the zoo.

'You said this was my home?' He mumbled, asking me

'Yes.' I confirm. 'Do you want to see your room?'

He was never someone who talks much, especially now when his mind has been toyed with.

Instead of following me, he walked first. Looking around himself, he went straight for the stairs. It's like his brain remembers, but he has no idea that he remembers. It's weird. Or maybe it's muscle memory.

I looked at the guys who seemed genuinely worried, looking at him with certain sadness.

He got into the right hallway as well, walking past my room, then he paused. Looking at the door for a bit, he took a step closer, grabbing the handle. He stood still with his hand on the handle, then suddenly let go and moved away.

He looked at each door closely, almost like he's trying to remember them.

'This here is your room.' I spoke quietly, pointing to his door

He looked hesitant, but he opened the door and walked in.

Much like downstairs, he stopped in the spot, looking around.

Walking over to the dresser, he was looking at his kunai daggers, passing his fingers over them.

'Those are yours. You have more in the second drawer.' I gesture to the drawers in front of him.

He opened the second drawer and stared at it for a moment, then opened the rest of them one by one. He opened the first drawer and froze.

His body stiffened as he was looking into it, and only after some moments did he reach inside of the draw, pulling out some papers. Not papers. Pictures.

He looked at the picture in his hand, then he looked at me, then back at the picture.

'What is this?' He barely whispered

'That's us.' I spoke softly, only trying to stay composed. My husband is holding the pictures of our wedding, yet he can't remember it. Or me. It hurts a lot more than I thought it would. It is not even his fault.

'This dress... I saw it.' He looked up at me, keeping his voice quiet. 'I had a dream about it. I saw it there.'

'You- you had a dream?' I repeat, stuttering a little

He nodded. 'I had a lot of them since I've seen you last time. I keep seeing your face in it. Sometimes, it's cut up and bloody. Sometimes, it's just your voice.'

He must be confused as hell if he is telling me this. He is supposed to be killing me, based on what they did to him, but instead, he is telling me about his dreams.

'In these... dreams... what happens?' I ask, taking a step closer, and he takes a step back

'I'm- I'm sorry. I'm not gonna do anything to you, I promise.' I stopped myself as soon as I noticed him pulling back

'They are confusing. I hear your voice telling me things. Or see you. But... they don't feel like dreams. It feels too real.'

'What... what if the things you see are actually real?'

He didn't answer me, but he looked down at our wedding photos, this time going through them. He paused for each of them, looking almost scared.

'Jungkook took those.' I tell him, trying to smile, but I can only feel my eyes tearing up

'Hmm.' He hummed, putting them down

I stood still as I watched him approach me and stand right in front of me. Reaching for my neck, I closed my eyes, thinking he'll grab me again, but he only reached for my necklace. Sliding his fingers in the gap been the necklace and my skin, he gently pulled it out of my shirt.

Taking his out as well, he was just looking at both of them, comparing them.

'Same...' he whispered to himself

'This is exactly where you gave it to me.' I answer, looking at the rings in his hand, then looking up at him. 'In that bed there.'

I had to bite down on my lip to stop it from quivering. I don't want to fall apart in front of him. He is confused enough.

He let go of the rings, letting them fall down freely, both of them hanging on each of our chest.

But then an even bigger shock.

I kind of froze, feeling his hands under my jaw, gently cupping my face from both sides. I did not expect this at all. But now that he's holding me, I can't hold myself back.

I closed my eyes in relief of feeling him touch me, leaning more into his left hand. Tears I've been holding back ran down my face silently. I miss him so much.

He just held me until I opened my eyes again to look at my him. Still emotionless but very confused. It's clear as day.

'Do I really know you?' His voice was not like his face. It was quiet. Soft.

'Yes.' I nodded lightly, putting my hand on his that was still on my face, and he didn't push it away. 'You know me.' I swallowed that ball back down

'Then why don't I know that I know you?' He let go of me, pulling back just the tiniest bit

'It's a very long story.' I sniffle, wiping my face quickly. 'If you stay, I'll tell you everything tomorrow. If you'd like.'

He shook his head right away, refusing.

'You can lock yourself up if you want. All of your clothes are still here, too.' I don't know why I'm trying to persuade him. This is not happening.

'No. I need to go back to my father. He'll be looking for me.'

I wanted to scream. I wanted to slap some sense into him and tell him everything right this second, but he might end up with a stroke. I can't just throw these things out at him.
His brain is a mush at the moment. Telling him more than he needs to know can only cause him pain. So, instead, I'll go with it.

'Okay.' I nodded, looking down as I sniffled

'I need to go.'

'Right.' I sniffle. 'I'll see you out.'

He passed by the guys, looking them up and down collectively. I think he realized they won't attack him, so he didn't reach for his knives or anything. But besides staring them down, he pretty much ran out.
I watched him leave down the porch as fast as he could and get into a car parked in front and just drive off without even looking back.

I took a minute to come to my senses and go back to the living room, where 6 guys were in absolute disbelief.

'What. An. Actual. Fuck?!'