(Who says) I'm alone

Start from the beginning

Enid looks like she wants to protest, but something in Wednesday's expression must tell her it's best not to, because she ends up turning and continuing on to their dorm. As she closes the door behind her, Wednesday turns to miss Sallie. Reluctantly.

The teacher and dorm mum, with her curly blonde hair, thick glasses and truly obnoxious, condescending demeanor, that kind that makes Wednesday enjoy imagining her on fire, towers over the small teenage girl.
"You listen to me, miss Addams. I know you think you are a little of a celebrity, but you should know I don't give a shit about that. You are in my class and in my dorm house, and if you don't stay in line I only need to say a word to the principal and your ass is off the school grounds", she says.
Wednesday stares up at her.
"Are you threatening me?" she asks.
"If setting rules and expectations is threatening, then yes, I am threatening you", miss Sallie says.
Wednesday balls her fists.

"It's important for someone as... special as you to have clear boundaries", miss Sallie adds.
Wednesday grinds her teeth.
"Autistic. You can say it", she says.
This is completely ignored.
"If you want to remain a student at Nevermore, miss Addams, I would advise you to be careful. Stay in line."
With that, the dorm mum leaves, leaving Wednesday staring after her, her stomach a pit of knots and terror.

She doesn't mean it, does she? She can't just kick her out just like that? Right? Weems would never allow it, right?

"What did she want?" Enid asks as Wednesday enters their dorm.
Wednesday tosses her bag on a chair.
"Nothing", she huffs.
It's her problem, nothing she needs to bother Enid with.

Wednesday is already terrified about getting kicked out, she doesn't need to share that burden with her girlfriend.

It's ironic, last year she couldn't wait to leave this place and no one would let her. Now she wants nothing more than to stay here, with Enid, but she's under the threat of suspension.

She starts crossing the room, and as Enid meets her in the middle, where the black tape once sat, they share a kiss.
"Talk to me, Wednesday. Please", Enid asks.
Wednesday sighs, her gaze dropping to the floor.
"She- She just told me I should make sure to behave. Nothing I'm not used to", she responds.
"But you did nothing wrong! You have to talk to Weems!" Enid exclaims.

Wednesday takes her hand, very gently.
"It's fine, I promise", she says, kissing Enid's knuckles softly, dropping her hand and proceeding to go and sit down at her typewriter.

She can handle this herself.

"How are you doing today?" dr Kinbott asks as they sit down in her office.
"I'm fine", Wednesday answers quickly.

Her therapist doesn't seem too convinced.
"Any visions lately?" she asks carefully.
Wednesday shakes her head. Kinbott nods. Wednesday plays with the end of one of her braids.

Kinbott looks over some papers.
"I see you got an autism diagnosis."
Wednesday nods.
"How do you feel about that?" the therapist continues.
Wednesday briefly considers the question.
"Good, I think. I have found I identify with some of the criteria, and the diagnosis has helped explain to me why I am like I am. Why I have always seemed to see the world through my own frequency setting, even so in comparison to my own family", she says.

Dr Kinbott nods, smiling.
"I am happy for you. It's not uncommon for autism to go undiagnosed in girls for years, and it often leads to significant self-esteem issues", she says.
"I can see why that is", Wednesday says.

As the session goes on, dr Kinbott brings up the subject of how the people around Wednesday reacted to her diagnosis: her family and her friends have all been supportive, Wednesday says, which is completely truthful. After all, most of her friends are neurodivergent themselves, and she had been warmly welcomed to the club. As warmly as she was comfortable with, naturally.