Sweet, Sweet Revenge

Summary:
Enid is forced to play the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre game, which results in an unfortunate outcome. As we all know, Wednesday is very protective of her hematophobic girlfriend

TW⚠️ very slight description of gore (from a video game)

"Are you guys sure I will be able to handle it?" Enid's voice trembled as she nervously asked, biting her lip as she spoke into the mic.

The Razer Kraken Kitty headset she was wearing was brand new, a birthday gift she had received over the summer. The headset, which was pink and adorned with cute cat ears, seemed like it was made for her. (Wednesday hated them.)

Enid's life had seen a few changes since the previous semester. 1: she now had a girlfriend and 2: she started streaming on Twitch under the name shewolfsinclair.

Although she had accumulated a large number of viewers and subscribers in a short period of time, Yoko implied that her physical attractiveness may have been the primary factor in her success rather than her family-friendly gaming streams. Enid was flattered by that. 

She did have a few fans that seemed a bit... odd. Ever since she began streaming, men had been spamming her DMs requesting pictures of her feet. Ew. It also didn't help that while streaming Minecraft, she was subjected to vulgar comments during her last session, which only added to her frustration. She had finally made the decision to take an entire week off from streaming.

She took advantage of her free time by playing with Ajax, Eugene, and Yoko. They insisted that she buy the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre game, and Enid's protests were silenced only when Yoko offered her some of her scrumptious homemade carrot cake.

She decided to break away from her usual routine of playing Minecraft, Gang Beasts, Uno, or Sims and try something new to conquer her fears. She gave in to Yoko's bribe and indulged in a delicious slice of carrot cake that was waiting for her on her desk next to her pink gaming laptop.

"It's a video game, Enid! You'll be fine," Yoko's voice crackled through the mic with a hint of static.

"Yeah, it won't be that bad! Trust me," Ajax said, his voice betraying him with a sudden pitch change. He was an honest person through and through, and lying definitely didn't come naturally to him.

"Dude, the last time you said that, I literally fainted five minutes into Scream!"

Ajax's sigh was loud and clear through the mic, and Enid could almost see him rolling his eyes.

"Let's try it out, and if you don't like it, no problemo, okay?" Eugene spoke softly. Enid never felt pressured by him to play such games because he was always kind and gentle. It was Yoko and Ajax who asked her, begging her to join their game and explaining that they needed a fourth player. And of course, Enid, being Enid, felt bad for saying no.

Taking a deep breath, she reached for her purple PlayStation 5 controller and started her game.

medusasman420 has invited you to play The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Enid reluctantly accepted Ajax's game invite, fighting back a small whimper.

As she waited for it to load, she read the introductory screen that gave the backstory of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre game. The game took liberties with its events, but Eugene noted that the psycho slaughter family remained a key aspect.

"Did they ever find Maria?" Enid whispered as she read the yellow font that scrolled across the screen.

"Uh, no. I'm pretty sure she's like, dead, dead." Yoko's reply was met with another whimper from Enid, who was finally loaded into the main menu. It loaded once more until she was in a lobby with the three stooges.