The Nightmares of a Wolf pt1

HAPPY NEW YEAR BITCHES

Summary:
Wednesday's worry intensifies as Enid is frequently stirred from her horrible nightmares while the group is on their school trip. Having to share a bed doesn't make things any easier, but it does bring them closer together.
(there will be 3parts to this)

It had been a month since the start of the new school year.

Everyone was still trying to grapple with the weight of what had happened, the atmosphere heavy with sorrow and fear. Some students' parents refused to let them return to school due to the perceived lack of safety. Gomez and Morticia felt the opposite. They absolutely loved that their little stormcloud was attending a school as dangerous as Nevermore.

Wednesday Addams could sense the new headmaster's dislike of her as soon as he arrived, his voice dripping with disdain anytime he spoke with her. He was constantly on her case about the most trivial matters, ones that Weems would have never scolded her for.

Wednesday was reluctant to accept it, but she was beginning to miss Principal Weems; she had held her in the highest regard, and the new headmaster had yet to gain her respect. Respect was earned, not given.

Principal Majors was a short yet intimidating figure, who strutted around with an exaggerated sense of pride. Wednesday felt no fear, for the sight of him was laughable and pitiful. He was a werewolf and definitely the runt of his litter.

He thought it was a stroke of genius to send a group of students on a school trip to Italy. According to him, the vacation was a reward for the students who had dedicated themselves to the battle against Crackstone, the Hyde, and Laurel Gates. That included Wednesday, Enid, Xavier, Bianca, Eugene, Ajax, and Yoko.

Supposedly, the trip was intended to help them escape their trauma and ease their minds. Wednesday couldn't seem to grasp why sending them to another country at the beginning of the semester was a good plan. Given Enid's tendency to be overly concerned about the tiniest of matters, the goth knew she would be overwhelmed by the amount of schoolwork she was going to miss. (Although she never quite understood why Enid cared so much.)

Wednesday had done some investigating and learned that Nevermore had to take part in a specific amount of extracurriculars or field trips in order to get a large donation from the town. She was convinced that the principal had arranged this trip specifically for that reason.

His actions were driven by greed and selfishness, leaving no room for consideration of their wellbeing.

Wednesday was always in awe of the intricate layers of any person's hidden agenda, and she usually respected people for their ability to deceive. This time, however, she couldn't help but feel enraged by how little he cared for his students—specifically for a blonde-haired, blue-eyed werewolf.

Perhaps there would be another supernatural murder mystery to solve in another country that would make this dreadful trip worthwhile...

Every night, the sound of sharp growls and soft whimpers startled Wednesday awake. The situation was getting worse and worse, and it was starting to take a physical toll on her. She was having difficulty getting enough sleep, leading to the emergence of dark circles under her eyes.

Wednesday had said nothing to Enid about her nightmares, not wanting to give her the impression that she was going soft—despite how obvious it was becoming.

Maybe she was going soft. But she couldn't help becoming increasingly worried about the werewolf.

Wednesday felt her heart drop when she witnessed Enid experiencing these nightmares. She had never been so concerned about someone before, and after days of being in denial, she finally grasped why Enid meant so much to her.