Chapter 5: Know Your Enemy

Levi: "Run! Don't stop."

The Female Titan was about to grab Eren with her hands, but ended up destroying a tree, giving them a few meters of advantage that they widened with the speed of their horses.

Eren: "A sonic grenade...?"

Levi stopped looking ahead and turned his gaze to his squad.

Levi: "What is your job? To let your emotions guide you? No. Our mission is to prevent that brat from getting a scratch. With our lives."

The elite squad glanced at Eren for a moment and then turned their gaze back ahead with determination, leaving their nervousness aside and adopting a serious expression.

Eren: "Wasn't it to watch over me?"

Levi gave instructions again, picking up the pace.

Levi: "We'll continue on horseback, understood?"

Petra: "Yes, sir!" she quickly responded, still somewhat nervous.

Eren didn't seem satisfied with the orders.

Eren: "We'll continue on horseback? How far?"

The boy's gaze turned towards the Titan, who was closing the distance between them.

Eren: "She's very close."

Suddenly, two more soldiers arrived as if they were flies to stop the Female Titan, but she continued forward.

Eren: "Again! More reinforcements! If we don't help them soon, she'll kill them again!"

For Gunther, it was more important to follow Levi's orders, so Eren's dissatisfaction only irritated him more than the situation itself.

Gunther: "Eren, look ahead!"

Eren: "Gunther!"

Erd: "Don't stop! Maintain maximum speed!" Erd quickly joined in scolding him.

Eren: "Erd! Why? If Levi's squad can't stop her, who will?"

The soldier who tried to attack the Female Titan died in the attempt under Eren's arrogant gaze.

Eren: "Another one died! Maybe we could have saved him!"

Another soldier was still fighting the Titan.

Eren: "Someone is still fighting, we still have time!"

Petra: "Eren, look ahead and run!" she interrupted quickly.

Eren: "Do you want me to look away? To flee and abandon my comrades?"

Petra: "Yes! Obey the Captain's orders!"

Eren: "I don't understand why we let them die! And why he doesn't explain anything to us!"

Nervousness was palpable among the squad members. They didn't understand anything either, but they didn't doubt Levi's orders.

Auruo: "Because he decided that he doesn't have to explain. You don't understand because you're a rookie. So shut up and obey!"

Eren clenched his fists and opened his eyes, remembering his Titan powers.

Eren: "No..."

Eren sheathed his blades and looked at the back of his hand before closing it.

Eren: "I can fight on my own!"

Eren recalled his actions during the Trost Recovery while in his Titan form.

Eren: "Why am I depending on them? If I can fight on my own!"