33 Vivian

When I get home, I immediately run to the bedroom for the gift.

"What is it? The same watch you told me about?" exclaims Meg.

"Yes, I want your life to change at least a little, but for the better, since you don't want to move here to me," I jokingly reproach in response and rush to hug my friend.

How hard it will be to part our ways again!

"Do you know what I was thinking? Teach me how to cook at least one dish," she suddenly suggests.

"Hmm...We can try to make a creamy soup, I seem to have made it well before."

Some ingredients are missing, but this doesn't stop us.
What to do with this soup afterwards is a big question. I'll probably just put it in the fridge when it cools down, it's unlikely we'll eat it at night.

"Mm, it seems to be working out well," I say when Aiden comes into the kitchen while Meg is in the bathroom.

I scoop some broth into a spoon, blow lightly and gently bring it to the guy's face, but instead of doing what's planned, he ignores the soup and unexpectedly kisses me on the lips.
He's lucky that by some miracle I manage not to spill a drop on him.

Meg suddenly appears, and I turn my attention back to the pan.

***

As I expected, no one cares about my soup because of the late time, however, Meg still tastes a little and appreciates, "Write down the recipe for me, I have to make it!"

"This is a recipe from Aiden's grandmother, I'm going to rewrite it for you from her cookbook."

When late at night it's time to get ready for bed, we decide to arrange Meg on a large sofa in the living room, where I am very happy to carry another set of new bed linen that I bought earlier.

After the shower, despite the late hour and fatigue, I take a book from the bedside table and, lying on my stomach, continue reading from the page where the bookmark is (one of the notes that Aiden sometimes leaves for me).

Some time later I don't hear any sounds, but I feel the mattress sag.

Aiden almost weightlessly runs his fingertips along my spine and kisses me first on the neck, then leaves a trail of kisses all the way to my naked shoulder.

"You're distracting me," I purr, trying to fight the burning feeling.

The guy painfully slowly runs his hand along my thigh and clings to me indecently tight.

"I really missed you today," he whispers in my ear.

"Meg is sleeping in the next room, she can hear us. Let's wait until the morning until she wakes up and goes to the bathroom."

"And when will she wake up?"

"Probably at 6 a.m., as usual according to the schedule."

"Baby, I love sex, but not to such an extent that I get up for it at the crack of damn dawn," Aiden kisses me on the shoulder again, going down to the shoulder blade.

No, I won't back down. "We can make out," I suggest, turning to him and leaning on my elbow.

"Just make out?"

"Yes. Promise?"

"All right, I promise."

Without wasting a minute, the guy seals our lips and kisses me so that I feel all his hopelessness.

"Aiden," I try to interject as his hand goes down along my stomach.

"What?"

"Stop it."