8 Vivian

I didn't wake up last night, which indicates that Aiden was with me.

I'm sure if it wasn't for him, I'd be haunted by the horrors of imagination and reality.

It's 12.15 pm – I've never slept for so long.

My first thought is to blame myself for such an act, however I pay attention to how my body feels, and I understand that it is grateful for a long rest, which means there is nothing to blame myself for.

As I learned from yesterday's conversations, mourning must been worn for a while, so I'm just thinking of wearing the same dress as yesterday.

But where is it?

I undressed on the move, threw all my things at random, and also fell asleep wrapped in a towel (both it and my hair are still damp).

Anyway, I have another black dress.

Sleepy, I trudge to the bathroom to do my little morning rituals.

My heart is still very heavy.

Yesterday devastated me, however, today I feel like the void is being filled with new meanings.
It's as if I've been returned to the default settings.
Only this time I intend to set the tone of my life myself.

It seems as if, faced with death, I realized the value of life.

Perhaps it's just a desire to be so strong that I don't let the swamp of despondency swallow me and Aiden completely.

Grace has so often asked us to enjoy youth and life – she wouldn't be pleased to see how we renounce the opportunity to be happy.

It's silly, of course, but I feel like she's guiding me.

Even if it's just some wishful thinking, I believe that Grace will protect me like a guardian angel.
Even if I don't deserve it...

In these thoughts, I go downstairs and head to the kitchen.

There on the table are my things that I threw yesterday, a note and a bank card.

I look at the card and back at the piece of paper.

My heart aches with a feeling of frustration.

Aiden seems to be avoiding me...

To distract myself at least a little, I contact Lilia and ask about the salary.
I don't want to spend money from the card on anything other than groceries for myself and Aiden.
I need my own money.

"Um, Vivian," Lilia suddenly says into the phone when we have already agreed on everything, "Are you planning to take over the flower business?"

I'm completely confused by her question. Am I going to run Grace's business? Why would I do that? Who am I? Do I want this?..

"To be honest, I didn't think about it at all. Who has the right to decide the fate of the shop, so it's Aiden. You'd better talk to him about it," I try to get out of it.