Chapter One: I'm In Love. No Doubt About It.

(Katniss's POV)

What are these feelings?

What is it that keeps flooding my stomach with butterflies?

Why do these jitters always come when Peeta is in the room?

These questions repeat themselves in my brain for hours on end.

Along with the questions of what may happen to my family and Gale's family if I don't convince Snow that I'm in love with Peeta.

But I think it's real feelings I have for the boy with the bread.

How can I tell him?

I turn my head and see him walking over to me. "You okay, Katniss?"

I sigh and lay back on the bed. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"When you fell in love with me, did you ever feel butterflies in your stomach when you saw me?"

"Oh yes. That's one reason I couldn't bring myself to talk to you."

"It's a bit awkward isn't it?"

"Yeah."

Our eyes meet and I lean forward and press my lips to his.

It's a short kiss, but I know he kissed back. After, Peeta rests his forehead against mine and stares intensely at me with his beautiful blue eyes. "Shall we get started?"

I smirk. "Go ahead."

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Katniss! Peeta! Where'd you go?" I hear Effie's voice call from outside the door.

The two of us snap awake.

"Shower?" Peeta whispers into my ear, making me shiver from his hot breath on my skin.

"Yes."

We gather up our clothes and get into the bathroom together and I turn on the water.

While waiting for it to heat up, Peeta wraps his arms around my waist from behind. "That was amazing."

"I know. Promise not to tell Haymitch and Effie?"

"Of course, Kat."

We get in the shower and say nothing while in there. Then, I hear Effie knocking on the bathroom door. "Katniss, are you in there?"

"Yes!"

"Where's Peeta?"

Peeta stops scrubbing me and I look up at him. He nods and mouths, 'It won't hurt. At least they don't know what we did earlier.'

"He's with me!"

"Finally, my victors are-"

"Yeah yeah, Effie. We'll be out in a sec," Peeta says and kisses the side of my head.

"Okay! I'll go get your outfits!"

Then we hear her leave.

We dry off and sit on the bed in robes when Effie walks in.

Luckily we made the bed right before.

So they'll never find out.

Peeta and I change and go down to breakfast hand in hand and find Haymitch, Effie, Cinna, and Portia all talking, not even paying attention to us.

I know that Cinna notices our presence, because he slightly smiles and winks at me when nobody else is looking.

I blush at my stylist's choice of actions.

Peeta ends up jumping into the conversation. "So, did you hear about the people who couldn't care to pay attention to the two people who caused their presence on this train?"

Effie immediately looks guilty, but I shake my head at her.

Cinna walks up to me. "So, are you two a thing?"

I smile at Peeta. "I guess we are."

My boyfriend kisses me and goes to sit down, letting go of my hand.

Oh, I love him.

So much.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

This is my new story! I am including Madge Undersee in this if you don't mind. She's awesome and just the match for Gale. 😊

Don't worry it'll be after the Victory Tour why she comes in of course. 😉

So yeah. I'll update as much as I can this week since I can't next week. 😢

I dream all year, but they're not the sweet kinds. 🎶

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE