Chapter 27

I was always told today would be the most life changing day I ever had.

September third.

Today marks my eighteenth birthday.

My parents had put so much pressure on this day. They had always told me to wait until my eighteenth birthday whenever I had a question.

They told me eighteen was when I would learn about life. When I would be introduced to the world.

Instead I was thrown into the world a year early, only I didn't have them to guide me through it.

I do have Cupcake, but Cupcake isn't my parents.

My parents were supposed to celebrate my birthday with me.

They were supposed to live.

I have no idea where I would be if I still had them. What would I have done after high school? Would they have let me go to college? Would they have really let me leave the house like they said they would?

"Hey, Princess." Cupcake says, laying next to me, facing me.

I have to pee, I have had to for an hour. But I am still laying in bed.

"Can you get up for me?" He asks, reaching out and rubbing my cheek gently with his thumb.

I shake my head, a few tears leaving my eyes.

"Please, Princess? Let me help." He begs. I know how much it would hurt to see him like this, so I know that he is in pain seeing me like this.

He helps me sit up, doing pretty much all the work. He pulls me on top of him, holding me tightly.

I dig my face into the crook of his neck, my arms around him and his around me.

"They are supposed to be here." I whisper into him, tears soaking his shirt.

"I know." He whispers back, letting me cry into him.

*

I fell asleep. Cupcake did too.

I walk out of the bathroom and Cupcake hands me clothes.

Looking at the outfit, I sigh. Getting dressed is so much work.

He handed me a cute outfit. A white lace tank top, a fitted plaid skirt, and a yellow cardigan.

Cupcake has taste. Well, I guess that is kind of obvious, he is dating me.

"You look beautiful." He tells me with a small smile once I have my outfit on.

"Thank you Cupcake, you look beautiful too." I say, wrapping my arms around him.

When I pull away I go to pick out a pair of shoes. It feels like a basic white sneaker kind of day.

"What do you have planned for the day?" I ask as he puts my shoes on me and ties them. "And you know I can put my own shoes on."

"Be quiet and let me do it for you." He whines. "And we are going to do whatever you want, I don't want you to be too overwhelmed."

"Then why did you make me get up?" I ask. If we are doing what I want, why am I not napping still?

"Sleeping isn't a healthy coping mechanism, love." He reminds me, getting up from the floor and helping me stand up as well.

I sigh and grab my phone as he opens the door, holding it as I exit our room. Cupcake follows me and grabs my hand, pulling me close.

Parking on campus is awful, the parking lot is way too far away from our dorm.

When we walk out of the building the air hits me. The weather today is perfect. It is warm, but not too hot, there is a light breeze and it is slightly cloudy.