Chapter 20

I think all my teachers have given up. With only three weeks until graduation and all of having already gotten into schools, none of my teachers are really doing much teaching.

When the bell rings for lunch I could not jump up faster. Seb has a meeting for drama club today, so it is just me and Cupcake.

I wanted to just go to his house and nap for the hour, but he told me that we have to actually eat.

"Look at that!" I exclaim as we round a corner. A boy is holding a sign and flowers, apparently 'promposals' are a thing. "It is so cute! But you better not ever consider something like that." I tell him, even though he would never. Something about someone publicly asking me a private question seems uncomfortable.

"I wouldn't dream of it, Princess." He assures me, moving his hand from being in mine to around my waist, his other holding my backpack.

Cupcake pushes open the heavy door, I smile as the warm air hits me. Soon it will be summer! "We are going to have the most amazing summer ever! I have never really had a summer, Mama had me do school all year, so once you get back from Japan, we are going to have so much fun!" Somehow, I have not let it spill that I am going to Japan with them, I am doing so well!

"Anything you want. Do you have any ideas?" He questions. There are so many things I missed out on!

"Do you know how to swim?" I ask him, he just nods. "Well then, I want you to teach me how to swim. I know we are kind of far, but I would love to see the ocean. Maybe go to an amusement park, but that might be a bit too busy for me. We can just sit outside and watch the stars. Hiking sounds fun!" I ramble, I just want to try everything!

"We are going to do absolutely everything you want, alright?" He says, Cupcake is the sweetest, he always puts me first.

"What do you want to do?" I ask him, we can't only focus on me.

When we get to his car he opens my door for me, as always. "I just want to see you happy." He answers, buckling me in and then kissing me before closing the door.

I am pretty sure everyone at school knows that we are dating now. Cupcake kisses me a lot. But I don't mind at all. I really like my Cupcake's kisses!

"Do you have anything you can't miss this afternoon?" I ask my Cupcake as he buckles himself in.

"Evangeline Rose Jasper, are you asking me if I want to skip school with you?" He asks.

I giggle at his tone and use of my full name. "Yeah, I haven't missed any days, and I would rather spend the afternoon with you instead of in a classroom."

"Alright, where did you want to go?" He asks, starting the car then moving his hand to my thigh.

"Can we go to my house?" I question. Everything of my parents' technically in the possession of my grandparents, but they told me that it is my responsibility.

As Cupcake drives I scream the words to the music, censoring myself on all the words that are only on the explicit version. I can't say bad words! But sometimes I get so lost in screaming the lyrics that I forget to censor myself. Oops.

Once we arrive at my house, we leave our things in the car. I use my key to open the door. Right now the temperature is almost perfect in the house.

After a quick pit stop at the bathroom, I drag Cupcake up to my room. This one makes me so much happier than the one at my grandparents' house. It is just so much more me, it is my room, not just the room I sleep in. It's mine.

I lay down on my bed and he joins me immediately, pulling me against him. I look up to him and kiss his jaw, the only thing I can reach. He leans down and gives me a short kiss.