Chapter 7

Eric grabbed her hand as she hung onto the side of the Chasm. Belle ran forward when she heard Christina scream. When she saw this she went to walk forwards towards Eric but Tris reached out and grabbed her.

"Grab the rail." Eric told her as she gripped his hand.

"Or don't." He dropped her hand and she grabbed the rail.

"You've got three options. Hang there and I'll forget your cowardice. Fall and die. Or give up. But if you give up, you're out." Eric told her and Christina held on for dear life grunting

"Come on, Chris!" Tris said making Eric look up.

He looked up at Belle and she was glaring at him hard. He looked down at where Tris's hand was latched onto Belle shirt so she wouldn't walk over and try to beat Eric up. Christina groaned as her hand almost slipped off.

"Time!" Eric said after a moment

Edward, Tris, and Belle walked over helping her up. Once she was up in Tris's arms Belle turned to Eric.

"Dauntless never give up." Eric said as Belle took a stop closer almost making them chest chest as they both stared at each other daring the other to do something.

Eric pushed past her after a few moments and went down the hallway.

A day later they were in the train as Four and Theodore talked to them.

"As Dauntless, we fight to protect every life inside the fence, without fail." Theodore told them.

"That's why we train you the way we do. To teach you not to give up. And to find out who has what it takes."Four said

"Even though it's been quiet out there for years that could change at any moment. So we have to be ready for everything." Theodore told them before they got off the train.

They walked to the the wall and started up the tones of stairs climbing it the top looking out over the land before that was being harvested by Amity.

"What's out there?" Tris asked

"Monsters." Christina said making Belle and Tris chuckle.

"Amity farms." Al said

"No, I know. But beyond that?"

"Places that never recovered from the war."

"Do you know?" Tris looked at four

"Let's just say they built their fence for a reason." Four said

When they got back they started practicing knives. Belle and Tris stood next to each other. They both held a knife up and threw making it within the black ring.

"You guys are kinda good at this." Christina said from beside them.

They were about to throw another they heard Eric.

"That was pathetic." Eric said to Al who still had yet to even hit the board.

"It slipped." Al scoffed

"Well, go get it!" Eric told him.

"What, while they're throwing?" Al asked looking at him.

"Are you afraid?" Eric asked him.

"Of getting stabbed by an airborne knife? Yeah." Al nodded his head.

"Everybody stop. Stand in front of a target." Eric told him and he slowly went to walk towards the blue targets.

"Four, Theodore, gimme a hand here. You're gonna stand there while they throw those knives. And if I see you flinch, you're out. One thing you will learn here is that orders are not optional." Eric said as Theodore and Four walked up beside the girls getting ready to each throw three knives.

Belle looked at Tris who shook her head before looking over her. 

"Stop." Tris spoke before Four could raise his arm as Belle stepped up with her.

"Anyone can stand in front of a target. It doesn't prove anything." Tris shook her head.

"Except that they're stupid enough to listen to people like you." Belle stared at him.

"Well, then it should be easy for you two to take his place." Eric stared at him.

Belle sighed before her and Tris walked over to the targets replacing Al. 

"Same rules apply." Eric said as Four and Theodore both grabbed two more knives before lining up with each of them.

Belle stared Theodore down as he gripped the knife tightly in his hand. She watched his hand come up and throw the knife at the same time four did. The knife hit the target by her leg, but she stayed completely still.

"Oh, come on, guys." Eric said as he stared at them.

 She watched Theodore flip the knife around in his hand before throwing it at her and it landed closer to her head. 

"You can get closer than that." Eric nodded his head.

"You want us to give them a little trim?" Four asked

"Yeah, just a little off the top." Eric nodded his head as Belle's eyes drifted over to Four before she heard a knife glide through the air then land above her head. Her eyes drifted back to Theodore as she watched a sadistic smile fall from his lips. He quickly threw the last knife and she left pain spread through her hand before some cold spill over her fingers as there was some small gasps. 

"Points for bravery. Not as many as you just lost for opening your mouths. Now watch yourselves. We train soldiers, not rebels. Alright, we done for today. Get out." Eric said before everyone turned and walked out as Theodore and Four walked to the table.

Tris walked walked away as Belle finally looked down at her hand. The knife was stuck right in the palm of her hand and blood dripped down the knife and her fingers to the floor. Theodore walked over to her with gauze in his hand.

"You all right?" He asked her.

"You stabbed me." She said wincing as she quickly pulled the knife from her hand. 

"Don't-" He cut himself off when she pulled the knife from her hand and was quick to replace it with the gauze.

"I meant too." He told her making Belle look up at him as he started wrapping tape around the gauze and her hand.

"You meant to?"

"You think he was gonna let you off without a scratch? You'd still be standing there if I hadn't hit you." 

"So am I suppose to thank you... for stabbing me, when you could of just nipped my finger?" She asked making him look at her before continue taping.

"You're suppose to be smart. If I wanted to really hurt you, I would have." He stood up from where he was bent down and went to walk away.

"You stabbed me??" She said like he was crazy.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I could have just barely cut you. There you happy. What you wanted. An apology." He said before walking away.  

DivergentOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara