Chapter 1

The calming ocean blues of the ocean floor appealed to me more today than I have ever felt before. I had heard about a ship recently falling to the Sirens and wished to check it out.

I slapped my tail against the currents of the water, swimming in a rapid speed through the ocean. As I flew through the aqua, I felt the water split before me forming in bubbles behind my aquatic body.

The world outside the sea always entranced me. News travelled fast among the schools of fish whenever an opportunity arose to check out the land.

It didn't take long to get to my destination, my speed underwater made sure of that.

The water was distorted around the recently created shipwreck. The harpy related creatures really did a number on it. The wood of the ship was broken in many places, specifically around the stern and bow. The entire ship was coated in feathers from the battle with the winged demons. Even the masts of the ship were completely broken from the body.

I swam through the many rooms of the ship, taking note of each rooms function. The ability to control such a large contraption was amazing to me, human development was extremely different to the species of those underwater. I still wonder how they work, I've never seen one up close.

A human, I mean. My people taught me that they stand on a longer, stronger pair of limbs where our tails are. They're able to move about with them.

This knowledge was very tasty for me, but I wanted to see one up close. Just one human.

After finishing with the rooms I felt a large amount of dismay wash over me. I turned to check the rooms again, hoping to find the one thing I wanted to find. To no avail.

As usual, the Sirens had taken all of the sailors with their song. Sirens liked to eat humans, they didn't care much for my people underwater so they left the ships to fall under the sea.

Finally giving up on my search for a human body, I turn and decide to return to the pod. Failure filled every corner of my eyes where ambition once was before entering the ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to comment and vote!