Legends of the Dark Knight

Start from the beginning

"Better stay on my toes?" Nick finds that part to be lame. "He actually said that? Out Loud?"

"I don't know. This is how my uncle tells it." Matt said back.

Matt dismisses it as the way his uncle tells the story and continues with his story.

"Just go on." Carrie said. "I want to hear more of it, right Megan?"

She agrees.

"Yeah, keep going."

The guard checks all locks and doors in the music center, when a jack-in-the-box is thrown in through a window. A joker face pops out and gasses the guard. Desperate for fresh air, he unlocks a door—upon which the Joker and two henchmen enter. The Joker heads straight for the ukulele, pings a note, and expects his henchmen to applaud. He then walks to the guard and steals his keys, joking that strings never were his section, and he was much better on the keys. But instead of unlocking a display case with a key, he just smashes it with a priceless ukulele. As he is about to pick up the valuable manuscript in the case, a shadow loom over him. Batman and Robin enter, and explain how they figured out his clue...

"Hold it right there, Joker!" said Batman.

"Eh?" Joker looks up to see Batman and Robin in the skylight. "Batman!"

The 1950's style of Batman and Robin here!

"We got your clue about stealing laughter, 'The comedy is finished'."

"A famous line from Paliacci , the opera about a sad clown." Robin said.

"It was your twisted way of saying you'd steal the original score." spoke Batman.

"Now we're going to make our own clown cry." same with Robin again.

It's a line from the famous opera 'Pagliacci', and Joker was about to steal the original score. Joker orders his goons to fire at the Dynamic Duo, and Batman and Robin take them on. Running from the fight, Joker climbs up a ladder to throw a sousaphone around Robin. As Batman sees his young friend in need, he is distracted. A henchman hits Batman on the head with a giant tuning fork. Joker is very pleased and orders his men to tie them up. The guard wakes up to see that the Joker forces Batman and Robin on the snares of a giant piano. The Clown Prince of crime gloats about how long he's been wanting to kill the Batman, and prances down the keys of the piano. As Batman sees the hammers closing in, he tells Robin to roll. While out rolling the hammers, Batman whips a saw out of his belt and cuts the cords. At that moment, however, a hammer falls on them. Joker sees victory and laughs at his luck. At that moment, however, his two henchmen are struck out by Batarangs, and Batman and Robin are shown to have survived. They crush the Joker under the keyboard lid and go after the goons. Batman and Robin find a way to stop them: By using a giant violin and its bow as a bow and arrow. The goons are pinned to the wall right next to the guard. The Joker gets away, but Batman gives chase. He jumps on a large saxophone that's on a wheeled tray and closes in on the Joker. He traps him in the horn of the sax, and at that moment he blows it. The Joker is deafened by the loud sound. When the sax crashes into a 'humongous flute', Joker is catapulted into a harp, and is trapped in the snares. Batman then tells the guard to call the police and shakes Robin's hand.

He concludes: "Well done, old chum."

And after hearing that story for Megan to say this...

"Ah, yeah some style from the 1950's or '60's Batman version...not bad."

For her, Nick, and Carrie are struck by disbelief, and dismiss the story because Matt's uncle was unconscious most of the time. Matt still defends it, but the others have moved on.