Toast to the Newlyweds (Part 2/2)

"SANDALI LANG!" Issa shouted to which everyone, including the newlyweds, looked at her direction curiously.

"I may have too much to drink tonight but I don't want my wedding speech to be put to waste dahil hindi ko man lang masabi ngayon. Now, I won't cry just yet, di ako iyakin promise!" Issa said while trying to get rid of some tears that escaped her eyes.

"Anak, maybe it's better if you drink some water muna then we'll just listen to your speech privately after the party later?" Leni uttered while she makes her way beside Issa and trying to calm her down.

"Mama Leni, I'm okay po. This is just normal kasi I'm intoxicated pero I know what I'm doing po. Now, will you please go back beside Mom and listen to my speech po, need po kasi ni Mom ng tagapunas ng luha kasi this will be one heartwarming speech." Issa reassured Leni as she starts to warm up for what she has to say to the newlyweds. She looked at her siblings and wink. They knew their Issa is in her right mind.

"Hello everyone! I know I had some lapses earlier but I won't let this day go by without sharing to you all what I felt towards this whole experience, that is from the day that I knew about Mama Leni and Mom's relationship and up until the present times of me taking charge in planning this surprise wedding. As you might have noticed, all of us didn't have scripts or cellphones with us during our speeches because I made a rule na whatever we say tonight should not be something that we've rehearsed or planned, it should be something straight from our hearts because that is what our Mamas deserve. OMG, Na o-off topic na naman ako, anyway... Let's start... If I remembered it clearly, it was year 2016 when Ma Lens and Ma Ris got together, it was during their first campaign period together. Syempre, you would think na all those late nights and campaign trips together, it was something to be expected na diba? But not in their case, kasi both of them were still confused of what they felt for each other. I couldn't forget the night Mom came home and went straight to her bedroom, which is so unlike her kasi she would always bother us with her lambing as soon as she arrives from work. So, I decided to follow her and that's when I heard her through the door... 'Risa, umayos ka. Huwag mong ipasok ang sarili mo sa isang sitwasyon na alam mo masasaktan kalang. May mga anak kang dapat alalahanin, huwag kang pumayag na kontrolin ng bugso ng damdamin ang buhay mo, maging matatag ka!' At first, I thought it was just Mama's way of encouraging herself to be strong kasi ang daming issues at fake news na nag surface nung time na yun but to my surprise, yung nararamdaman niya na pala kay Mama Lens yung pinipigilan niya that time. Months passed by and after being elected sa office, I thought she was just busy kaya palagi siyang ginagabe umuwi, yun pala, hindi lang siya sa bahay umuwi... Opppsss... Di na kita bubukohin, Mom pero hmmmm, kung alam lang ng mga kapatid ko ang mga alam ko... Hahahaha! Just kidding. Pero yeah, I knew from the moment I saw you two holding hands sa OVP, hindi yun pang 'best friends' na holding hands! Hahaha! But I remained silent and waited for the day na kayo yung magsabi kung ano kayo. That's why, that night you prepared dinner for us and told us na you and Mama Leni are together, together. I was not surprised na, Mom. Instead, I was relieved and at peace because finally, you have gathered enough courage to share your happiness with us. I'm sorry lang if I'm too emotional ha, pero I grew up knowing my Mom as the most selfless person ever. Siya yung nanay na isusubo na yung pagkain pero once makita niya na tinititigan siya namin, she would instantly give the food to us instead of just eating it. My mom is also the most palaban person that I know, she's not the type that you can pin down. Kaya nung time na tinatago niya sa kanyang sarili at sa amin yung tunay niya na nararamdaman, I know it was hell for her. And Mom, you do not deserve to go through that. You deserve to love who you want to love and to live the way you want to live. Ako na bahala sa mga bashers na yan! Hihihi ay! Joke lang po pala, Mama Leni... Anyway, let's fast forward to our present lives. To answer everyone's questions, yes po, we love being a part of each other's lives but Mama and the Tres Marias still have to go home to their condo from time to time and we still have to live different lives despite the fact that we desperately tried to merge everything together. However, now that you are married, this is it! Hahahaha! I'm so excited to move into a forever home with all of you because Mama Lens, I love you and all pero having these three wonderful women as my additional sisters is such a dream come true! That I can say that by marrying my Mom, you did not only fulfill her dreams but mine too! Kasi I get to call all of you, my family. Planning this wedding was not easy, not to mention having to be the one spearheading and deciding most of the wedding details. But to see both of you, being this happy, well, I would definitely do it all again in a heartbeat. I love you both so much! Mama Lens, welcome to our crazy family and Mom, you definitely got yourself a keeper! Congrats, Lovebirds! P.S: since I technically handled all the wedding stuff, can you make sure na yung room ko is the one farthest from your room kasi I wouldn't want to hear all those--- hey! I'm not done yettt---"