"Us" Time

Risa's POV

"Pangga! Umalis na yung mga bata! It's time! Lika na!" I shouted as soon as I heard Kiko's car leave the garage, he was the last one to leave kasi.

The Ates: Aika, Issa, Ianna, and Tricia already left together an hour ago pa kasi nga meron daw mga errands. The Bunsos: Jill and Sinta said their goodbyes 15 minutes ago because Jill will be accompanying Sinta as she goes out to study and to bond na rin siguro. Si Kiko nalang talaga.. Ang bagal kasi kumilos and finally, umalis na rin siya. YES! Now, where's the love of my life?

"Darling, andito na ako sa kitchen! I'm ready na!" Leni shouted in reply. I rushed to the kitchen, excited to start our day together.

"Oh my lord, Maria Leonor! Napaka-messy mo talaga! Pero in fairness, masarap!" I said as I taste the cookie batter that she started mixing.

"Hihihi! Perfect! Pwede na bang maging misis...mo?" She replied, wearing a big triumphant grin on her pretty face. Gosh! Ang swerte ko talaga, sobrang ganda ng mahal ko!

"Sus! Yan ka nanaman! Bakit ano ba kita? Di pa ba kita misis sa sitwasyong ito? Aren't we like married couples already?" I laughed and decided to teased her.

"Hala siyaaaa! Sabi ni Beyonce, 'If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it' HAHAHAHA! Oh ano ka diyan, Ana Theresia?" She replied at talagang pati si Beyonce e quote pa.

*Hay Leonor! Mahal na mahal talaga kita* I thought about silently.

"Che! Gusto mo pala, e ba't ako yung magtatanong? Ba't hindi ikaw? Hmp!" I acted na parang nagtatampo with my balakajan attitude. Hahahaha

But then, Leni's face fell, she stopped smiling and just look away, pretending to get a spatula. I may have taken it too far. I was just teasing her but I didn't mean to offend her naman eh. I have to fix this.

"Pangga? I'm sorry if I said something. I didn't mean to offend you po. I was just joking naman eh. I'm not forcing or pressuring you. We have been together for 6 years na, mahal and I have never been so happy than I am whenever I'm with you. You and the kids are the reason why I keep going. I love you and the kids more than anything else in the whole world." I started to apologize and hindi ko namalayan na I started to shed a few tears after telling Leni how happy she makes me ever since naging kami.

"Ohhh, ba't naman umiiyak yang Darling ko? You know what, I was just sad kasi I know deep within me na I can't marry you here. I can't parade you at public places or even post about you in social media. I can't profess how in love I am with the Senate's "crush ng bayan" kasi it would take a toll on our image and work. It hurts me na hindi ko mabigay sa'yo yun dahil hindi tanggap ng bayan natin ang pagmamahal na meron tayo. You have breathe life into my soul, mahal ko. I know I have said na Jesse already showed me enough love to last me a lifetime but when you came, it's different. Ibang klase yung pagmamahal na binigay mo sakin. You were patient, understanding, and supportive nung time na confuse pa ako sa mga nararamdaman ko. You never left me and that's when I knew that your love is something that I obviously needed. Mahal kita, Risa and I would give anything to let the world know that. So, I'm sorry that I can't do that pa kasi I'm worried. I'm worried of what it will do to you, I know how much you love serving our country and our countrymen so I wouldn't do anything careless or impulsive that can become your career's undoing kahit gaano ko na ka gasto isigaw kung gaano ko ka mahal ang nag-iisang Risa Hontiveros." Leni started talking about how she felt and like always, I was left speechless nanaman. I didn't know what to say because everything she just said is true. So, I just hugged her tight, knowing well how much this affects her.