What The Kids Knew That We Didn't... Yet

Leni's POV

"Asan na ang Team GR, Sints? Ba't kayo lang ng Team HB ang nandito?" I asked Sinta as I was about to start our fam meeting pero I realized that Aika, Tricia, and Jill are not in the meeting room yet.

"Mama Lens, they left a message na po sa GC na you asked me to create without Mama. Sabi ni Ate Aiks, OT siya sa work. Sabi ni Ate Trish, may emergency sa hospital. Sabi ni Ate Jill, may biglaan work meeting siya." Sinta replied while patiently relaying the Tres Marias reasons for not being with us in the meeting.

"Oh, okay. Sige, kayo nalang muna. So, guess what!" I got the kids attention and was about to tell them what I had in mind.

"What Mama? Is everything alright po? Are you and Mom fighting ba because I can talk to her." Issa immediately replied. I can sense the worry just by listening to her voice kasi naka-off cam siya dahil she looks ugly daw because she's sick.

"Si Ate, Ang OA! Sige na, Mama, tell us na po." Sinta cuts her Ate Issa and returned the focus to me.

"Well, how would you feel if you are officially going to be my children? Like legally?" I asked while smiling at them.

"Wait what? Are you saying? OMG! MAMA LENI, DIRETSUHIN MO NA KAMI PLEASE!" Issa gasped and turned on her camera.

"Hello, Mahal! You look pretty naman pala, how are you feeling? Ano sabi ng Doctor?" I said to her as I saw how she finally turns her camera on.

"MAMA!" They shouted in unison. Hahaha, Hindi ko namalayan na I subconsciously changed the topic.

"Ay sorry sorry. Yes, mga mahal! You, four will officially and legally be my children since I am planning to propose to your Mom and finally ask her to be my wife, after which I will legally sign as your legal guardian. So, now my question is, would you allow me to be your second Mama and your Mama's wife? Before doing this, I need to know if I have your blessings since as much as I love you like my own, you're still Risa's children." I said as I look at them directly at my laptop screen.

"OH MY GOD! I KNEW IT. Okay, I'm gonna cry .. Mama, you're making me cry! IANNA, HUG ME! Nakakahiya, nasa public pa naman tayo huhuhu!" Issa cried as the rest were still in shock but Sinta was the second one to shed some tears then Ianna hugged Issa and cried too.

"Mama, as the Kuya, can I say something?" Kiko turned on his mic and ask permission to give a statement while the girls were balling their eyes out. Good thing that Ianna was with Issa because the Ate of the bunch was already crying so hard tapos may sakit pa. Hay nako! Parang nahawaan na yata ng pagka-iyakin ni Tricia ang mga batang ito.

"Yes naman anak. I'm listening. But first Ianna give your Ate Issa a glass of water muna then Sinta, inhale, exhale anak baka hikain ka, wala ka pa namang kasama diyan sa condo. Okay, Kiko, go on." I replied to Kiko as I pinned his screen sa meeting and finished tending to the girls' need.

"I was only a young teenager when Papa passed away. I did not have many memories with him but I remember how much he made Mama happy. He was a good provider and a really responsible father but most of all, he was the perfect husband. He never gave Mama a reason to get angry, sad, or even bored because growing up, I would always hear Mama's laughter all around the house whenever Papa is home. That all stopped when Papa left us too soon. I guess, it was because Mama had to work twice as hard since she is now our sole breadwinner. So, to cope, I always have this need to protect Mama, to be Mama's defender and protector, in other words, I had to make sure that Mama is happy. And she was or should I say I thought that she was. But when you entered our lives, things became so much better. For the first time since Papa died, Mama started singing while doing the dishes again, whenever she talks to you on the phone (di pa namin alam na ikaw pala yung kausap niya that time) I could hear her adorable giggle again, that she only does kapag kinikilig siya kay Papa before, and she just smiled more. That's the moment when I felt the need to know who you were because for me, whoever was making Mama this happy, deserves my outmost respect and gratitude. Of course, alam naman natin na I was the first one to know from Team HB and that story deserves to be told during the wedding reception, fyi lang, hahahaha! Pero Ma, kidding aside, I, together with my siblings, already see you as Mama's wife and our second Mama. But I know that you just want to give yourself fully to Mama as her wife. So, if you're gonna ask me, yes na yes po, Ma! You have my blessings and girls, please react heart if you give your blessings to Mama Leni too. Hahahaha! You see! All hearts, we couldn't be more happy for the both of you. Papa may be Mama's first love but you are definitely Mama's greatest last love." Kiko expressed what he felt and wow, I was speechless. I never knew na ganito pala yung impact ko sa kanila. I was about to reply when suddenly the light went out.