Toast to the Newlyweds (Part 1/2)

December 5, 2022

December 5, 2022

"---And that's how we get to pull this surprise wedding off, with Ate Issa almost dying. Mamas! Cheers --- " *cries* Sinta.

"And there you have it, the message from our bunso, Jusko, Sinta hanggang dito ba naman? Get it together! Nakakahiya oh... Uhmmm haha just to clarify po, I did not almost die, it was all an act if only our youngest is sober enough to remember that. Anyway Trish, back me up here and it's your turn to give your speech. Let's give a round of applause to the doctor in our family, Dr. Janine Patricia Robredo" Issa immediately snatched the microphone from their youngest before she sob on it for all the guests to hear and introduced Tricia to be the next one to give her message to the newlyweds.

"Hehehe, pagpasensyahan niyo na po si Sinta. Anyway, bringing the spotlight back to the two wonderful individuals that we came to celebrate today. Mama and Mom, by the way, Mama Ris, my siblings and I decided to officially call you our "Mom" because today is the first day of us being officially a family and I am more than proud to raise a toast to the two bravest person I know, you both are an inspiration to me and my siblings. Thank you for showing us that love will always be worth fighting for, no matter what happens and no matter what others might say. You always have us, supporting both of you, 100%. To my Mama, I just want to say that I'm so proud of the person that you have transformed into when Mom came into our lives. I never expected to see a side of you that only Mom brought out, it's like she slayed the snobby dragon inside you and brought out a fluffy rabbit, you became soft and affectionate and I haven't seen that side of you if it weren't for this beautiful person beside you. And to you, Mom, welcome to the family and for everyone here, I apologize in advance but I just want to say that my siblings and I are planning to get drunk tonight so if I go around later shouting how proud I am to be one of Sen. Risa's daughters, I'm really sorry. Hahahaha! Well, Mom, what can I say, from this day moving forward, I will always be proud to tell people that I'm one of your kids, that is if I'm drunk enough to have the courage to do so. So alam niyo na, mga kapatid, itago na lahat ng alcoholic drinks pag-uwi natin sa Pilipinas HAHAHAHA. Here's to more cookies and sangria nights with you and to a lifetime of being your crybaby. Mama and Mom, I love you both so much! Cheers and Congratulations!" Tricia.

"Thank you, Trish! Oh! Mom, pangalawang toast palang po, ba't umiiyak kana? Hahahaha! Give it up for my Mother, the crying lady, alam niyo na po kung kanino nagmana si Sinta and Tricia. Next up is our favorite Kuya, Francisco Hontiveros-Baraquel Jr. Round of applause, everybody." Issa decided to get the first dibs in roasting her Mother as Risa shed a few tears after hearing Tricia's speech. After a few roars of laughter around the venue, she introduced the next one to give the speech, the only boy in their family.

"What can I say, it pays a lot if kapatid yung nag-e MC no? Hahahaha! Mom! Noong araw na sinabihan kita that I want to pursue music and pag ba-banda, you were so happy for me, to the point na taga-gig namin, andun ka, clapping until your hands were red and kahit hindi mo alam yung mga kanta na tinutugtog namin, you were there. All my life, you were there beside always saying na, 'Love, you are enough and I'm so proud of you' and because of that, I grew up as a man who's not afraid to show his vulnerabilities knowing that he is enough and someone is proud of him. Ever since that day that you came out to us, saying that you are in love with our 'Tita Leni' parang di ko alam ano yung appropriate reaction. Ianna and Issa hugged you, Sinta cried, yet again, but me, I just stood there, dumbfoundedly silent but deep inside I was relieved. Not because I already knew about it but instead I was relieved that it wasn't just another stranger, IT WAS TITA LENI! Yes, I knew that there's been something going on with these two even before they told us about them, those stolen glances sa stage, yung kakaibang holding hands, yung pag twinkle Ng eyes. HAHAHA, those were the days when I started to look at you and Mama Leni differently na but I waited na ikaw yung magsabi sa akin and sa mga kapatid ko and when you finally did, I was on cloud 9 of sheer happiness. But god, was I so terrified because after everything you've been through, hindi ko yata kaya na makita kang masaktan muli but to my surprise, nabihag mo rin pala yung puso ni Ma Lens. Hahaha naol! And that's the moment I knew you were meant to be together. Mom, when it comes to us, we have this bond na hindi ko ma explain so for what it's worth, I've been waiting to say this to you and I'm more than happy that it's finally my turn to say na, Mom, you are enough and I'm so proud of you! To my Mama Leni! I have always look up to you as my second Mama already kahit wala pang kasalan but when you told us that day na you were planning to propose to our Mom, I hope that you know that I was the happiest. The heartwarming words that you said about our Mom melted my heart kasi like I told you, ever since the day you came to our life, it felt like our Mom was alive and present again and a thousand thankyous will never be enough so let me just thank you for the rest of our life together as a family, okay po? To everyone present here today, maraming salamat sa pagdalo, katulad ng sabi ng kapatid kong doktora, we have a goal to reach tonight and not to mention na in a few hours, it's gonna be my birthday na so the celebration never stops. Now, let's raise our glasses again and shot puno tayo para sa dalawang matatapang na babae na kagalak-galak kong tawagin na aking mga ina! Congratulations and I love you both!" Kiko.