Her Lies 11

Triggers

•Waterboarding/forced drowning
•Narcissism
•Minor Auditory Hallucination

Baku's POV

I woke up feeling a lot better, but my eyes felt swollen from all the crying.

I check my phone and see three things. It was 10 a.m., icy-hot messaged me, and my mom messaged me. But again, nothing from Denki.

Firstly, I checked my moms message.
"I didn't pick you up because I needed more free time away from you. I'll pick your ass up later today at the same time, though. Don't even think about calling the cops or some shit."

I send back a quick reply and then go onto an icy-hots message.
"Last night you said that you didn't want to talk in that moment. Does that mean you could talk more about these things with me later? Maybe not today or tomorrow, but just sometime in the future?"

I guess I did say that.

I call him because I'm too lazy to reply and also slightly hoping to hear his deep, groggy, sleepy voice.

"Hello?" Yesss, I get to hear the sleepy deep groggy voice.

Without trying to sound happy, I say, "Maybe I'll talk to you more about some things. But if you betray me or make fun of me or some shit, I'll actually kill you."

"You sound cute in the morning."

What?

"Huh? Say that again?"

"I said you sound cute in the morning. It's not me trying to hit on you or something, just a compliment."

"Oh, uh, thanks?" I don't really know how to respond to unexpectedly being called cute.

I suddenly hear a knock at the door, and then Zet bursts through. "Hey, I think your mom's here, I hear car honking."

We sit in silence for a moment.
I don't hear anything?

"I don't hear a car, Zet." Confused, I end the call with Icy-hot and send him a quick explanation text.

"Oh, hold on then." Zet quickly runs, and I hear the front door open, then close, and then I hear his footsteps back to the room I'm in.

"Sorry, it's probably a hallucination. Didn't mean to scare you."
Ohhh, right, he's schizophrenic. I almost forgot about that.

"She messaged me saying she would be here today at 8. I feel like she might not be, but that's what she said." I reply to him.

"Okay, you can go to the kitchen and make yourself something, I'm going to be working in my room." He points then walks away to his room.

I guess I'll just send a quick text to Denki and see if he replies.

"Hey Denks, I feel like you're slowly detaching from me. I know that's probably not what's happening, but that's what it feels like."

I decided to stay in the chat to see if he responds or how long it will take for him to respond. 3 minutes later, it gets marked as read, I wait 2 more minutes, and the chat bubbles never come up.

Okay, so he might actually be drifting away from me slowly. Lovely.

You know what? If he wants to ignore me, then I'll ignore him, too.

Time skip (8pm)

I wait outside of the house, once again, waiting for my mom. I feel like she's going to avoid it like she did yesterday. But to my surprise, there she was.