xxiv.

PENELOPE GROANED AS HER eyes opened, eyebrows furrowing as she looked at the window with the curtains open. She hadn't been in her room, instead she had been laying in Luke's bed. Nothing happened between the pair last night besides stolen kisses and giggles as they couldn't believe that they actually had one another, unofficially though.

"Good morning." Luke asked as he leaned over, pressing a small kiss to her cheek with a smile on his face. "How'd you sleep?" He asked whenever she looked up to him, a smile on her face.

"Amazing." She said and reached her hands up, rubbing her eyes in attempts to rub the sleepiness from her eyes. "What time is it?" She questioned, causing the boy to hum as he picked up his phone.

"Nine-o-three." He stated, showing his phone. She smiled at his lock screen that was a photo of them with Jack and Quinn from last summer whenever the families went to an amusement park. "We have to start getting ready." He whispered and dropped his phone onto his mattress causing the girl to groan.

"Don't wanna." She whined as she wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his chest. "They won't start without me." She stated as her eyes closed again.

He chuckled as he played with her hair that was a mess as it splayed against the bed. "We also have reservations." He reminded, emitting another groan from the girl as she looked up to him.

"Speaking of the Country Club," she said as she sat up, looking down at the boy as his hand rested on her back. "I was wondering if you wanted to be my dance partner?" She questioned, eyebrows pulling into a furrow as she began to play with the hem of her shirt that belonged to him.

Luke grinned as he looked at her, pushing himself up and resting his back against the headboard. "I would love to." He chuckled watching as her face relaxed before she grinned. "Now go get ready so we can dance." He whispered to her.

She nodded, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to his cheek before she turned around, standing up from his bed. "I'll be back." She pointed at him, narrowing her eyes with a smile before she exited his room, closing the door behind her so he could get ready.

"I hate wearing heel." Penelope muttered as she sat down at a chair next to her mother, pouting as she crossed her arm over her chest. "Why can't I just wear converse?" She questioned, eyebrows furrowing as she looked over to Mia.

"Because knowing you, you'll end up tripping over your dress." Mia retorted, pushing her daughters legs lightly with a smile. "It's nice to see all you guys get dressed up. I didn't know Trevor owned a button up shirt." She joked, lifting her glass that was full of champagne as she gazed at the said boy who was dramatically dancing with Carter.

"It's weird to see him all dressed up." Her nose scrunched as she looked at him before she shook her head. "Who all is gonna be in the dance?" She questioned and looked over to her mom who sat down the glass and picked up her paper, handing it over to her daughter.

Penelope's bottom lip pulled between her teeth as she scanned the list. Jack and Angie, Quinn and Kota, Jamie and Carter, and Cole, Trevor, and Alex would be paired up with two girls Penelope was friends with all throughout her high school years.

"No way, you got the girls I played volleyball with?" She asked with a laugh, looking up at her mom who had a grin. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She exclaimed while she pulled her into a hug, earning a small laugh.

"Anything for my baby." Mia whispered as she rubbed her daughters arm. "Now, go! Luke looks bored out of his mind." She said and took the paper back, beginning to shoo her daughter away.

Penelope smiled a she stood up after pressing a small kiss to her moms temple before she made her way over to Luke with a smile. "Hi." She whispered up to him, a giggle escaping past her lips as he looked down at her.