xxxi.

PENELOPE LOVED THE SUMMER fair that was in Michigan every year. She had been every summer with the boys and she couldn't imagine her summers without them. She had on a pair of leggings above her jean shorts and a hoodie on whenever she ran down the stairs, smiling at her parents who were in the kitchen.

"It's like a thousand degrees, why are you wearing that!?" Mia asked with a smile as she walked over to her daughter.

"Because Quinn blasts the air conditioner, duh." She lied while grabbing a grape, popping it into her mouth. "Are the boys and Angie down yet?" She asked, eyebrows pulling into a furrow.

"Quinn's cleaning out his car and Jack had a business call." Mia waved her hand to the back door causing Penelope to look over to see Jack walking back and forth. "I think Angie's showering." Her eyebrows furrowed as she nodded down the hall.

"And Luke?" She questioned now, causing Mia to eye her before pointing upstairs. "I'll be right back." She grinned and turned around, beginning to make her way up the stairs.

She grinned as she walked into the room, her face running hot at the marks in his back that were still very much prominent against his skin. She walked up towards him, tracing her fingers down the marks.

"Admiring your art work?" He joked as he grabbed a shirt from his dresser, shaking it out before he turned to look down at the girl with a grin on his face as he pulled his shirt over his head.

"It's a masterpiece." She joked back, a smile stretching across her face at the sight of his wet hair. "But I think I can do better now." She whispered out, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth.

His eyebrow perked up as he looked at her. "Is that so?" He questioned and took a step to her. She nodded, causing him to smirk as he rested his hands on her hips. "May hold you up to it." He leaned down and pulled her into a kiss.

She melted into the contact, placing her hands on his chest. She let out a small giggle whenever she felt him pull her hair out of the hoodie, resting it against her back before he pulled back.

The marks began to fade, especially after the spoon trick that Angie. However, he still couldn't help but feel proud as he examined them, his hand reaching up to brush his finger over them. Penelope's breath hitched as she lifted her chin a little higher.

His hand trailed up, resting under her chin as he leaned down and pressed one more kiss to her lips before pulling back to see her smile. "Come on, let's go." He took her hand and began to walk out of his room as she used her free hand to adjust her hair to hide her neck.

"Stay still." Angie rolled her eyes for the thousandth time as she patted the beauty blender on Penelope's skin, grumbling as the girl decided it was a good time to have a dance party.

"It's my favorite song." She frowned, slouching slightly as she craned her head back for her friend to do her makeup on her neck.

"Every song is your favorite song." Jack retorted from the front seat, causing the girl to lean forward and smack his head. "Ow!?" He shouted, turning back to look at her as she merely smiled.

"Bullying Jack is definitely your favorite hobby." Luke laughed as he watched as Angie began to apply powder to her neck before pulling back.

Angie's eyes narrowed as she examined her neck, making sure everything was covered before nodding. "You two switch places." She waved her hand between Luke and Penelope.

Penelope stood up in the car, turning to sit on the center console despite Quinn's complaints, "Penny, you're gonna make me crash!" He laughed as he pushed the girl back as she turned her torso to turn up the radio.

THIS LOVE | luke hughesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें