vii.

THE NIGHT BEFORE!

ANGIE WALKED DOWN FROM her friends room, instantly making her way towards the kitchen where she instantly grabbed a red solo cup, leaning down to the cooler that was there and scooping ice into the cup before she sat it down on the table.

"Making a drink?" She heard as someone walked up to her, she grinned whenever she saw Nico.

"What does it look like?" She answered with a small hum as she reached for the Vodka that had been on the table, pouring it into the red solo cup. The boy watched her actions, slightly shocked at the instant choice of alcohol, but felt slightly relieved whenever she grabbed cranberry juice.

Nico had a beer in his hand, sipping at it as he watched the girl grab a spoon and stir the drink up before she placed it into the the sink, raising her cup to her lips and taking a large sip as her eyes peered over the rim, looking at Nico.

He couldn't lie as he looked at her in the black mini dress that had exposed her hip and tan lines. She looked good. It was dangerous for him as he kept his eyes on the girl, eyes scanning her body ever so often.

"Wanna dance?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side as she looked up at the boy. She knew the affect that she had on him, especially from his wandering eyes.

"Huh, what? Oh, sure." The German stumbled over his words as he felt his face heat up, thankful that the lights in the kitchen were dimmed so hopefully she couldn't see the blush on his face.

She held out her hand, smiling whenever he grabbed ahold of it before she turned and held their hands up in the air as she began to make her way towards the makeshift dance floor where maybe people stood.

A random song played as Angie and Nico danced in the swarm of people, their fingers intertwining. Angie let out a loud laugh at the boys dancing, a smile coming onto her face as he spun her around.

He placed the beer he held on the shown skin, the cold glass making goosebumps run up Angie's spine as her back pressed against his check, the pair moving together. Nico's hand left hers, resting on her thigh as he guided her to the rhythm of the music.

Angie leaned her head back, her lips instantly attaching to his neck causing the boy to close his eyes, a small breath leaving from between his lips until she pulled away.

"Upstairs?" She suggested, her eyes examining his face as she tried to get closer to him, if that was even possible.

"Yeah, let's go." He whispered to the girl, nodding. His words brought a smile to the girls face as she took old of his hand once more, leading him away from the dancing young adults.

They started to make their way up the stairs, the boy following behind the girl whenever she heard a loud whistle. Her eyes went to the kitchen to see Penelope who had been cheering the pair on, earning a small laugh before her eyes flickered to the person next to him. Jack.

She and Jack had had something since freshman year, the same year her mom split and her dad's drinking got bad. He comforted her through the dark and scary time of her life. She grew feelings for him, major feelings.

Jack felt the same way for the girl, he had since seventh grade year whenever he defended the girl whenever she wore too short of a skirt to school and boys were treating her like an object. He knew then that he would do anything to protect her, and that was entirely true.

She cherished the boy and everything he had ever done for her but she could not stand to wait around for him any longer. She refused to let herself fall so deeply in love with him and get nothing in return. She couldn't do that to herself, and she wouldn't.