"I'm so behind on my school stuff," I complained.

"Shit, I am too. I got 3 F's," Chris stated.

"How're you still on the team?" I asked refering to basketball.

Chris sucked his teeth. "They been kicked me off. Thats why I'm never at practice."

"Lets study together then," I patted the sit next to me.

We quietly started our work, only talking about the homework. I got a text from Kiana and it was in all caps. Its probably urgent so I read it.

OMG STEPHANIE LOPEZ IS PREGNANT! -Kiana, 2:57 pm

My eyes widened at the text. Stephania is only a freshman, just 14 years old. The only reason we knew her is because she is always in drama and getting into fights with older girls. Hearing of someone else being a teen mom made me worried. What if that turns out to be me?

"Chris, I need to go home, " I announced.

"Why?" He asked.

I grabbed all my things and rushed out without answering Chris. I ran all the way home. Luckily, Grandma wasn't there to question me. I went into my room and grabbed the calendar that hung on the wall. My Grandma had taught me to write down everything so I never forget.

Do you ever not want to do something because you're scared of what the outcome might be? Thats me right now. I mark my period on the calendar. If its on a certain day, then it means i'm probably pregnant. I worriedly scanned the days until I saw the 21st day. In bright red pen, it said period.

I let out the biggest sigh of relief. Girls can only get pregnant 6 days out of the whole month. Since, Chris and I had sex yesterday (the 9th) it means I wasn't ovulating and therefore not pregnant. I wanted to cry because I was so happy. A baby would've ruined my life.

My phone was ringing, the caller being Chris. I answered it immediatly.

"Hey, i'm sorry for running out. I had to check something, it was an emergency," I said.

"What happened? Is everything good?" Chris asked. He spoke in a worried tone which made me smile because he was concerned.

"Can I come over again? I'll tell you then."
-
"Chris? Where are you?" I called out. Before I left we were sitting at the dining table. I'm back in his house but he's not there.

"Upstairs!" He shouted.

Chris was sitting in his bed watching something random.

"You finished the work?" I asked.

"Yeah. Now tell me what happened," He demanded.

I slipt off my shoes and sat criss-cross applesauce in front of him.

"So, you remember yesterday when we. . .y'know," I trailed off.

Chris smirked and chuckled a little. "Uh huh, why?"

"Do you remember if you pulled out?" I asked.

All the color left his face. He looked gray.

"Oh my god! Are you?" He shouted.

"Good news, i'm not pregnant!" I said happily.

"Forreal?"

"Yeah, its not one of the days."

"Theres certain days you get pregnant?" Chris asked, confused.

I didn't really feel like teaching him so I just nodded at him. "I'm so relieved i'm not pregnant," I revealed.

"Me too. We too young for dat shit."

"Do you want kids in the future?" I inquired.

"Yep, I want a girl. Imma name her Royalty."

"Aw, thats cute," I cooed.

"You want?"

"No, not really."

Chris squinted his eyes. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, you look surprised," I chuckled.

He ran his hand through my hair. Luckily, it was straightened so his hand didn't get stuck that would've been embarrassing.

"You're so nice and soft, I thought you love kids. Why you ain't want any?"

I sighed. I looked down at the bed sheets and started tracing random shapes. "My parents," I said softly.

"You never talk about them. They died or sum'?"

"No, they basically abandoned me," I chuckled but I only did it because I have an ugly cry and I didn't want Chris to see.

"Damn," Chris whispered.

He grabbed my hands to pull me closer. His hug was comforting.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, its not your fault," I took a pause. "Its why I don't want kids. Growing up without parents is terrible. If I have kids, what if something happens to me? I don't want to risk that."

Chris rubbed my hair gingerly. "I can't believe they really left. But I won't."

I left a kiss on Chris's cheek. I looked into his gorgeous brown orbs.

"You promise?"

"Promise."

------
Aw look at Khadijah and Chris having a Hazel and August moment lol just wanted to have a cute chapter. Hope you enjoyed this read, remember to vote and comment! -Khadijah