Bo and Thorfinn's eyes went wide. "So the head of Jom, is our grandfather?" Bo asked, slowly putting the pieces of his family tree together. "That's right, and my brother. Which makes me your great-uncle, as it happens." 'Oh god damnit, of course.' Bo thought internally rolling his eyes.

But as much as Bo dwelled on being related to the giant, he couldn't quite believe he was related to the leader of the Jomvikings. The men around them had the same thought, only they spoke it out loud. Askeladd voiced his thoughts as well, it was quiet and Bo was sure only he heard. "You can't be serious. They might as well be royalty."

Thorkell ignored the mumbles and continued his story. "Our last battle was at Hjorungavagr in Norway. We were vanquished. Thors fell into the water in full armor, and his body never surfaced. We had to give him a funeral without a body. I even shed tears for him. I've always wanted to beat him with my own hands.

"Of course, as I hardly need tell you Thors wasn't dead, Jomsburg was the last place I saw him. It was three months after we said our farewell, but the Thors I met then, was a far cry from the Troll I knew." Thorkell went on to explain that Thors and Helga, along with their new born, were sneaking out. Planning to run far away and never return. Thors planned to go somewhere where he had no need for a sword.

"The next thing I knew, the lookout were shaking me awake. And Thors and his wife were long gone. There was a brief outcry when Helga's disappearance came to light, but I held my silence. I thought it was the honorable thing to do." Askeladd had finished making the splint, making final adjustments.

"And after fifteen years, I learned that Thors was well and truly dead. The famed Leif the lucky himself brought his body for all to see. They were close friends, I gather." Bo hadn't thought or heard of Leif in a long time, but he currently had other things on his mind. 'This is so humiliating. I'm being bandaged by the very man who killed my father.' Bo was just glad his brother didn't have to face this shame.

"But I did not shed any tears at the news. I had fifteen years to think about him. And I realize that it wasn't a matter of life or death of the flesh. What's important to a warrior is the soul and where it lies. His soul had gone far away. I still don't understand it. I can't reach him. Wherever it is, it's not here. But that must be where he finally became a 'true warrior.'" Thorkell looked down, it didn't matter how much he said he wasn't sad, Bo could see the pain in his eyes.

"Bo, Thorfinn. You knew Thors after his life in the Jomvikings. What sort of life did he lead in Iceland? Tell me of him." The giant blonde demanded. Bo thought for a moment. What was his father like? He could hardly remember after all this time. Bo remembered that his father was peaceful, and never his voice. He never raised a weapon, not until that day.

But Bo couldn't word it correctly, he didn't have enough memories to portray his father correctly. "Fat fucking chance. Why should I tell you about my father?" Bo snapped. "HUH?! WAIT, WHAT?!" Thorkell screamed. "I just told you what he was like before you were born! Does that not clearly yet imply a give-and-take?!"

Neither brother said anything. "Bah! You miserable skinflint! I bet I know what's going on here. It's not that you won't tell me, it's that you can't!" He point a finger at the twins. "I can see it in your eyes. Or rather, can't see it. You're missing that are odd spark he had in his."

Thorfinn snarled. "How dare you." Bo went to stand up, ready to finish what was started. "Don't." Askeladd held his shoulder, stopping him. Bo just looked back with a deadly glare. "Let go! Or I'll kill you first." And Bo ment every single word, but that didn't faze the older man.

"You've got broken ribs. Even worse shape than you realize, boy. If you try to keep fighting the same way, you will lose." Bo didn't care, he had to win. He spun around and slashed at the other man, but the harsh movement sent a jolt of pain up his spine. Gasping, he fell again, only this time Thorfinn was there to catch him. "There, see?" He pointed out.