#16

Ninjaball Run!
Pt. 1

**(Y/n) Pov**

Here is the day everyone has been waiting for. The 14th Annual Ninjaball Run! Everyone is so excited about the most dangerous race in Ninjago City. Mostly ME! I still don’t have my eyesight, nothing but colored blurs and mismatched shapes. I wanted to race in that race before Dareth told us about losing the Dojo. Now Im determined to get into that race and win it for Dareth! Yet, without my sight, everyone says I should sit this out and let the grownups handle this… Yet they are going to let Lloyd enter this race! I’m even prepared for It! I made a working pair of skates that are designed to go faster. Dareth was, of course, the first person to try them out when he went to the hospital when I lost my sight.

No, I’m not going to let my eyes stop me! Pa said to me a few nights ago, 'Just because you have a handicap doesn’t mean you can’t do things other people can. You got to work with it, sure it makes it difficult to do certain things. But that will only make you stronger.' And I’m going to live by that! Well, we were already making a headset for me so I can get around better.

Well, even the night before the race. I stayed up most of the night tinkering on an invention that, I started on with the help of my dad Mr. Borg, which could help me see. So far on such short notice, it was modified to tell me what and how far things were. They were once old ski goggles that Dad helped me with, I came up with the thought and he designed and started working on it. But it was bugging me a bit with the introverted color, so that’s why I stayed up and did my best to work on it. I have already finished the voice command and hearing part of it. It will have to do for today. So what if the color looks strange but I can see somewhat better?

As dad went to work I told him I would be with Dareth watching the race… That was the toughest lie to tell. I don’t like to lie, and I will never lie to him again, but if he knew I was going to join the race he would ground me for all eternity! I’m too young for that, I got big plains!

~~Time skip to the race!~~

**Arthurs POV**

As soon as (Y/n) left her apartment, she tucked her packed bag closer to her. Inside the bag were a change of clothes, the goggles, and her secret weapon of speed. She hid inside a store to use the restroom to conceal herself. The small girl quickly changed into her new outfit that was made after a dream she had the night her sight went blurry on her. The outfit (Y/n) changed into was (f/c) and (2/f/c) with a long (2/f/c) scarf around her neck. On the skirt, that hugged over the shorts was the mark she saw in her dream.

(Y/n) didn’t know what it meant but she felt like she was connected to it, like she had seen it before the dream

(Y/n) didn’t know what it meant but she felt like she was connected to it, like she had seen it before the dream. After changing she put on her secret weapon, The Speeder Skates. She didn't want to get too fancy with the name and wanted something simple. They made her look taller and thanks to the clothing and goggles no one would recognize her with the scarf around her hair. She raced out of the bathroom of the shop with ease thanks to her goggles.