epilogue

I watched the police car drive away knowing I can't do anything about it. Tears were in my eyes and ready to fall down my face.

The police car disappeared completely from my sight and that's when I broke.

I collapsed and cried into my knees. I couldn't control the tears in my eyes.

" Mama?" I hear Luke say. I just continued to cry into my knees. My Liam is gone. He's gone and I won't ever see him again. Please tell me this is just a dream and I'm gonna wake up soon.

" Mama." Luke says. I hear feet bound on the floor and a pair of arms wrap around me. I look up to see Luke hugging me. I wrap my arms around him and pulled him into my lap. Luke looked up at me with a sad look on his face.

" Dada?" Luke asks. I got more tears in my eyes. For two reasons, number one because it was the first time Luke said Dada and Liam is not here to hear him say it, and number two because Liam is gone forever.

" Yes munchkin, Dada is gone." I say tears streaming down my face. Luke just cuddled his face into my chest.

" Millie, what's going on?" I look out of the open door to see Louis running up to us. Louis ran up to me trying to catch his breath.

" What happened? I saw two police cars drive out of this neighborhood and one of them looked like they had Liam in the back, but I thought that can't be right." Louis says.

" Well, you saw right Louis. Liam was arrested because he was with me when I was younger. God, this is all my fault!" I say trying to keep the tears in. Louis takes Luke out of my lap and places him on his hip. He helps me stand up and guides me to the couch. We both side down and I wrap my arms around Louis.

" Millie, this isn't your fault." Louis says.

" But who's fault is it then?" I ask.

" I don't know, but it's definitely not yours." Louis says.

" But who could've told the police? All our neighbors love us and think we're cute together." I say.

" I don't know Millie. It could be a complete stranger who told the police." Louis says.

" Mama." Luke whines. He crawls to my lap and lays his head on my chest. I wrap my arms around him.

" Lukey, Uncle Louis is here. Let's play with him." I say. Luke shakes his head.

" Why not munchkin? You love to play with me." Louis says.

" Dada." Luke says. I kiss the top of his head.

" It's okay munchkin. You can play with Uncle Louis though." I say.

" Dada." Luke says.

" Yes, you will always have a Dada. Dada might not be here munchkin, but he is always there for you." Louis says. I slap my forehead in realization. Louis looks at me weird.

" What's wrong?" Louis asks.

" I needed to tell Liam something really important." I say.

" Like what?" Louis asks.

" Lou, I'm pregnant again." I say. Louis smiles.

" Millie, that's great! I can have a little peanut now!" Louis says.

" But Louis, Liam doesn't know. He's going to go to jail not knowing that he has another child on the way." I say.

" I mean, you can always visit him." Louis says.

" I guess. But what if that doesn't work? What if I'm not allowed to see him?" I say.

" Just calm yourself. Stressing over Liam right now is not good for peanut." Louis says.