Chapter 18: Release the Crocodile

"I'll escort you back home." Mihawk grabbed his keys from the counter and you smiled.

"Awe~ does she have to go home~?" Perona pouted before clinging on your arm. "Don't send her back, Pa..." She mumbled.

Mihawk only gave her a blank look. "Let her go, Perona."

You only gave a light laugh and patted her head. "I'll sleep over next time."

Which made her smile. "Oh! I'll ready my designs! You have to see them!"

It really warmed your heart knowing that Mihawk's adopted daughter warmed up to you. The man then escorted you back to his car where Mihawk had the pleasure of basking in your presence alone.

"When did she start showing interest in fashion?" You opened the topic as Mihawk started to drive off.

In a slow pace but still, you guys went.

"When she was 3, she had caught me watching the Fashion Runway of your spring collection of year ****. Perona's eyes practically rivaled of the stars and was so excited she learned to grab a pen and paper as well as crayons to draw and color in some of her first creations," Mihawk had let you know as a small and barely noticeable smile crept to his lips.

For now you're just glad that kid Perona didn't think her dad was gay. You gave a smile to that before laughing quietly due to the former reason as well as the wholesomeness of the the memory he shared.

(Mihawk knew what you were thinking about when your eyes drifted to the side and he could only rolled his.)

"That started pretty early. Even I only had interest in Fashion when I was finishing elementary. And that is because I was so done with my brothers looking so stupid when it's "Bring your family to school" day," you reminded him as you already shared the tragedy with him when you guys were first to come in your spot.

Long story short, you were thankful that you guys were all adopted when you were in grade school.

Just imagine... Marco wearing a bright purple low v-neck showing his chest as if he had something to show under a black long trench coat partnered with a camouflage cargo pants... WHILE WEARING BRIGHT RED CONVERSE! And people are free to guess what Thatch wore... Hint, it involved leopard prints and two shades. Worn at the same time...

It was horrible.

Mihawk could only smirk but before you could say another thing.

Your phone rang and Crocodile's name flashed as the called ID.

You raised an eyebrow before taking it and putting it on speaker phone.

"Hello? Crocodile? How are you doing?" You greeted the man on the other side of the call.

["Hello, All-Fashion. I just got back home and it seems as though one of my subordinates were able to acquire information that would interest you. Or anger you. Which ever comes first."]

You creased your eyebrows at the statement and sent a glance to Mihawk that was by your side. "What do you mean, Crocodile? Get to the point."

["Do you remember Burgess? The one who used to be an underground fighter under that flamingo's family? He had disappeared, or rather, he was recruited."]

"What..." You angrily stated through your greeted teeth. Even Mihawk eyes harden as he continued to drive listening in to your conversation.

Mihawk knew what you were thinking and he knew that you were getting more than angry. Enraged, yes, that's the word. And he couldn't be more pissed off that a sly shit has been able to put a dent on your mood.