Chapter 1: Go Home, Y/N

["Please come home! Y/N nee-chan! Th-thatch got- Thatch got-"]

"Wait, Luffy... Calm down! What happened?"

["Thatch got stabbed and now he's in a critical conditiooooooon~! Waaaah~!"]

Luffy cried harder on the other line as you stood up. Files fell and papers flew everywhere.

"Don't worry! I'll be home! I'm coming! Stay calm, okay? Everything going to be alright. nee-san is coming home."

The line ended with Sabo talking to you. Explaining everything as tears stream down your face.

<"No! Thatch... Please hold on... I'm sorry for not being able to spend more time with you, don't leave me, please!">

You called Izo in to arrange your appointments and projects because you don't have a clue on when you're gonna be able to work again.

You also had him help you pack your things. Clothes to wear. Important things to bring. Of course, since you're coming home, even in an unfortunate instance, you packed souvenirs and gifts. Not only for your family but also for your friends.

"The plane will be ready in 15," Izo informed and you only nodded.

Tears streamed down your face as you went your way to the airport.

You were crying your heart out in pain.

Flashback~

"Everyone! I would like you to meet your new sister! Y/N Newgate!" Edward Newgate introduced you to his adopted sons and those who stick out to you were some pineapple and gell-soaked hairdo.

They made you smile and feel welcomed more than anyone...

"Eat up, Y/N. I know you're upset but you have to eat."

"How dare you hurt my sister, you asshole!"

"Man, why do you have to grow up so fast!"

"I'm gonna miss you, shorts."

"You should come home once in a while."

"You'll end up working yourself to death."

"Love ya' short stack."

Soon you found yourself scared out of life. Inside a car, anxiously waiting for the driver to reach your house. Thankfully Izo, alerted the boys of your arrival so everything was ready. Some worker under your dad fetch you and help you out.

Why...

Why did you have to work so hard to the point of ignoring your family!?

You focused so much on your career that you didn't notice that you could lose them any time.

And now you're losing one!

It's happening and maybe you could've prevented it.

Life was an unfair thing...

You were an idiot.

You're an asshole.

How could you choose your work over family?!

You didn't even notice- god, you're such an asshole.

<"How could I let this happen...">

Now they're what?! Dying and you could've made memories together! You could have spent more time together! But now... You're actually losing him.

You weren't even home on some of their birthdays. Just the holidays and even that is cut off short.

<"God please, I know you can hear me! Please! I'll do anything! Just don't take my brother from me! Please don't take Thatch from us! I'll do anything, please! Just not yet!">