Chapter 12: Boys... Act like Men

"Why do you guys always drive when you're with me? Even if it's my car?"

"Oh come on, little feather~. Have you forgotten what you did to us?"

"Of course not! Who could forget?"

"Fufufu~, Well then, there's your answer~."

You both have made your way to his mansion. At least that's what he said. Sure enough, you were seeing some semi-familiar trademarks on the sidelines.

"It'd be nice to see Roci again." You said as you took your eyes off the road. "You have been getting well together, right?"

You might have strong connections with the people here but ever since you have started your company in France, the busy days caught up with you and you got to years without any contact nor updates from them.

It was sad. You'd think that your connection with these people would have been strong enough that this would never happen... but it did.

The one that concerned you most was Doffy and Roci's relationship with each other. They are the exact definition of Polar Opposites. 

All except their looks. 

The irony...

"He's doing good enough, lil' feather~."

"I see... No fights? I mean you both have kids, after all."

"We fight here and there, of course. But none of the intense ones since you aren't here to neutralize us. And if we do get heated, never in front of the children."

"Even now?"

"Well, we don't hide it as much. Baby and Law are both in their teenage years now after all."

"Baby? You named your child, Baby?" You clarified as you looked at him.

"The mother was the one who named her but I call her my princess. Very stupid, yes, I know."

You raised an eyebrow at this but you can see Doffy being a doting father to his child. Would probably give his child the world if they so ask for it.

"If it were up to me, I would name her after you, fufufu~." 

And there it is. You just laughed at this and made him focus on the road.

It was no secret that Doffy fell for you when you both were in high school. Under the teasing and flirting was a real emotion of admiration and affection for you. He doesn't know if you knew about it but nevertheless, it was now in the past. 

He wouldn't be lying if he confesses that sometimes he would look at his daughter and wonder how would it be if you were her mother? She wouldn't have suffered from being abused, from being traumatized... from being abandoned.

"You should have her name changed, Doffy. I can tell how much you hate remembering the mother."

"She's a bitch, Y/N. That bitch left my daughter after telling her how useless my daughter was. Apparently, she was trying to sell her to men but no one wanted a scrawny hungry girl. My daughter was starving, traumatized, and-"

"Damaged just like you were." 

You both pulled up to his mansion. You went and hugged him and he welcomed it.

"Why couldn't you choose me over him, Y/N?" Doffy asked with shades now gone from his eyes as you took it off of him.

"You want me, Doffy but you don't need me as much."

"Y/N, I do need you-"

"Not as a lover... Doffy, with my craziness and yours combined, I'm pretty sure that the world would eventually burn by our hands. You need someone that complements you, not someone that is similar to you. Someone out there is willing and capable to tame your fire. Not to control you, but to keep you away from the pain of burning the ones you love and even yourself," you explained as your eyes stare straight at his eyes. You see pain and desperation.