Part 44

"We should, like, totally get these" Billy said, turning to Billy while holding a share pack of Little Debbie's Zebra Cakes. Steve stared at Billy with a raised eyebrow "sure..." he answered, watching with some amusement as Billy threw them in the cart. Now, thinking that these groceries were to feed a 40 something year old man, two 20-ish boys,  and two teen girls, one would expect it's filled with vegetables and things with protein and all. In fact, it was quite the opposite. There were now boxes of twinkies, cosmic brownies, and now zebra cakes in the cart.

And even then, you'd expect these were put there by max or El or even Steve, but no, in fact, it was Billy putting all of these sweets. Billy was acting like a child in a candy store. Why? Steve wasn't sure, but he sure found it adorable. That didn't man it was all that was in the cart, there was also a few fruits and whatever he deemed necessary here and there like some boxed pasta to make and some frozen corn and carrots an whatever he found that wasn't too expensive. They were now getting bread, a large loaf for them all. El and Max were behind the two boys, picking out things for themselves every now and then but mostly whispering amongst themselves with little giggles every now and then. Steve mumbled something under his breath, looking through the different types of milk. Suddenly he heard some clatter in the cart and saw Billy throwing in a large box of Go Gurts (I'm not sponsored guys- nah but those things are so good like actually) Billy looked straight at Steve as he placed the box of blue raspberry and cherry flavored Go Gurts slowly like a cat would look at its owner while pushing a glass of water off a table. Steve stared with curious eyes, holding back a giggle as he watched Billy go back to look at the produce normally as if he hadn't just loaded the cart with yogurt that, well, Steve wouldn't usually buy.

But honestly, seeing Billy buy them brought a strange joy to him. Not to mention it was damn adorable. Steve was pretty sure he was dons getting everything. He looked over at Billy "Yeah I think that's... it" he said, nodding to himself. Billy looked over and nodded as well "I don't have anything else to add... you have the money right?" He asked to which Steve quickly nodded, taking out the couple of bills Hopper had left on the table. "We should go get in line then. I saw the line's pretty long, and I'm tired so hurry up" Billy complained. El nodded suddenly "tired" she said in a similar complaining voice like Billy, to which Max giggled. Steve sighed "guys we have been walking for like 10 minutes- come on" he said with a huff, making Billy chuckle at the boy's reaction.

Now the group of four was in the line before finally being able to pay. They were all quick to get out and back to the BMW before stuffing the food in the trunk with Billy's stuff. Billy kept his box of zebra cakes though and went to go sit down in the passenger's seat, breaking the box open and taking one out. "Well, it's almost lunch time. What do you guys think I should make for lunch? Any ideas? Suggestions?" Steve said as he buckled himself up and started the car, looking over his shoulder to El and Max and then Billy, who was quietly taking a bite of the pastry "I can make uh... like, spaghetti or lasagna- (that's all he can cook-) or whatever you guys want!" He asked. El hummed softly, thinking about the options or something else. Billy slowly inched his hand with the pastry closer to Steve before the bitten cake was pressing against Steve's cheek "what-" he mumbled, giggling softly as he looked over at Billy smile. He got the idea and leaned I'm to take a little bite of the pastry, giggling as he watched Billy take a bite himself. "Ewww... gross" Max mumbled, playfully covering her and El's eyes making Steve laugh softly. "We can figure something out when we get home" Steve decided, shrugging as he began driving out of the parking lot.

//------------//

"Max is sleeping in El's room, right?" Steve said loud enough for Billy to hear. They were all currently bringing the groceries inside, carrying the bags three to four at a time. Specifically Billy who had four bags in each arm, struggling a bit to get through the door, but he was stubborn and persistent to get inside with so many bags at a time. "YEAH" Steve heard from outside, assuming Billy was outside, shutting the trunk of the BMW. Steve snorted a bit as he laughed at such an abrupt yet loud answer from adorable little Billy. El helped Steve sort out he vegetables into the fridge as Max was carrying her and Billy's suitcases inside. "What did you all decide for lunch!?" Steve yelled back so everyone heard. "Anything is fine with me!" Max yelled back from El's room, placing her bags down. El shrugged, sorting the vegetables with Steve. "WHATEVER'S EDIBLE" Billy used back from outside, collecting his posters. El was the one to giggle this time by Billy's strange yells. Billy finally wakes inside with his posters in hand, shutting the door with his foot