Part 20

((I posted the summer camp au! It has one chapter posted! Be sure to look at it! It's called "Stubborn", and I have big plans for it! I hope you like the first chapter of it :D It's just a little intro but I kept my word! I posted it today! I might post the second one today as well, but I am not 100% sure))

Steve and El had spent the first early hours of the day watching the clip Steve had caught. In the meantime, he had also showed El the picture of Mike and Will sleeping together soundly making El coo. She had always had a suspicion that Will had something for Mike. The way he looked at him and how he talked about said boy. Will's eyes would just light up at the mention of Mike. El loved Mike too. But only as a friend. They were best friends in fact. She loved hanging out with him, but she knew her feelings. She had them organized well enough that she knew she didn't like Mike in any other way but platonically. She could never think of him as anything else. She definitely didn't look at him the way Will did, she knew that. She had even tried to help Will catch Mike's attention that way. To make Mike turn his head just to look at Will. But sadly, they hadn't succeeded. But looking at the picture made her smile like crazy. "You should print it out and give it to Will! He would love it!" She squealed, grabbing the camera and zooming into the photo. 

Steve raised an eyebrow at her "So does Will actually have a thing for Mike?" "Of course, he does! Have you not seen the way Will looks at Mike?" She said, looking straight at the photo. "He would most likely cherish the photo if you gifted it to him" she said, nodding to herself. Steve shrugged while laughing quietly "I'll make sure to tell Johnothan. He knows how to print all that stuff out" Steve loved seeing the kids start to fall in love. It was endearing to him. Watching the two boys try to hide the obvious affection towards each other. It was amusing and adorable.

That's when Steve showed El the next picture. The sat Billy in the couch. He was spread out in the small seat. His head hanging back and open. Probably snoring. El was leaning onto Billy's side and Max did the same to Billy's opposite side. They were all huddled up around Billy. Just seeing the photo warmed Steve. "What? We did that with that...lunatic?" El scrunched her face in confusion. They all were scared of Billy, so it was surprising to see this photo... it was obvious though that Steve loved it. 

"I might ask Johnathan to print this one out too..." 

//————-// 

Hopper was already awake. They were currently sitting in front of the TV after breakfast. They had Eggos (wow what a surprise) and everything seemed fine. Hopper had asked Steve the moment they woke up if he had any nightmares. Steve wasn't sure what to answer. If he said no, then Hop would be suspicious since Steve hasn't often a full night's sleep in weeks. But if he said he did then Hop would be mad that Steve didn't tell him. Steve knew hope wouldn't be 'mad' but he'd be upset. And he couldn't tell Hopper about Billy. No. Of course not. "He did... he called for me" El suddenly interrupted. Steve quickly got the hint "I had a nightmare about... El... so i... she helped me" Steve's voice suddenly got quiet. Hopper was silent before he nodded "thank you El. You're a great sister" Hopper said with a chuckle. Both Steve and Eleven grew quiet at the compliment. 

Did Hop really think of Steve as a son? The idea seemed absurd to Steve, but he couldn't help and feel fond at the idea. He surprisingly liked it. Slowly, a smile grew on his face just thinking about it. 

When the show they were watching was over, Steve headed back to his room. El followed. They kept looking through pictures in the camera. Some old and some new. They rewatched the video where Billy was asleep. El just found it funny how Billy Hargrove acted in his sleep. It was amusing. Steve, on the other hand, found it adorable. He was so very fond of the video, and he was sure to always treasure it. Soon enough though, they got bored. They decided to go on a walk. Hopper would usually be hesitant to let El out of the house alone but since Steve was going with her, he allowed it. Steve brought his camera along just in case. 

They weather was quite nice. It was a windy evening, and the sun was shining up high. But thanks to the cool wind it wasn't near hot. It was perfect to Steve. Let alone the fact that the forest itself was beautiful. He had always dreamt of living in a place like this and here he was. With a father figure and El. 

Suddenly El perked up "Can we call our friends to walk with us? Please?" She suddenly pleaded. Steve thought about it for a second. He seemed to spend every day with those kids now... he had nothing against it of course. He loved them all. Steve sighed. "Yeah...we can call them" Steve mumbled. El immediately smiled happily. 

((Hello! I hope you all are having a great day :D I am having quite a good day myself. I got bit by a bug, and it hurts though D: but apart from that I am okay! Like I said, I posted the first chapter of my summer camp au thingy already :D It would mean the world to me if you checked it out! It's only one chapter at the moment but I should update the 2nd one today as well :)