Part 29

Steve now sat on his bed with a pair of clothes in his arms. He had chosen a pair of pajama pants and a baggy old gray shirt. He gulped nervously. He had a small idea that drove his heart crazy but now he had to build the courage to ask Billy if he would... agree to said idea. Steve looked down at his old baggy shirt. There was a reason he chose an oversized shirt. He took in a deep nervous breath before he got up from his bed. Quickly, he put on the pair of pajama pants and threw the dirty clothes into the hamper before he exited the room, the baggy shirt in his hands. "Billy...?" He called out. "Hm?" A hum was heard from the inside of the bathroom where Billy most likely was changing. "U-uhm... Billy I-" "Give me a second, let me just tug this on..." Billy quickly cut Steve off. Billy was quick to pull his shirt that he had brought over. He had brought a normal pair of sweats and a shirt. He wasn't much to care about what to wear when sleeping so when he brought the clothes over, he packed whatever he grabbed first. 

Steve let out a shaky breath when Billy turned the knob and came out of the bathroom. "What were you saying, pretty boy?" Billy teased with a smirk. he held his other clothes folded in his arms. Steve stayed quiet. "O-oh, uhm, just that you c-can put your clothes in the hamper..." He quickly changed his mind. Poor Steve felt a rushing fluster that denied letting him ask the simple question inside him. "You gonna change your shirt or...?" Billy nodded towards Steve making him quickly shake his head in a nod. "Yeah- yeah give me a...." Steve trailed off. 

"Actually... I was thinking that u-uh... Maybe h-having something from the p-person that I have nightmares with might help the nightmares to... go away as well? I-I was thinking that It kind of followed the theory that having you here would uhm, make the nightmares go away. So maybe to have a stringer... effect? I could wear- or maybe hold something from you? D-do you understand what i mean? It's just a theory but maybe- after everything that's happened it's not so absurd, but I understand if you think it's stupid or-" 

...

"You want my shirt?" Billy tugged at the plain white shirt he wore. His face was a mixture of amusement, happiness, and what seemed to be as surprise. Who could blame the boy? He had Steve all flustered, looking at the ground, fiddling with his hands, asking for his shirt in a 'subtle' way. Disguising it as a theory. It was adorable. Billy let out a snort when Steve stayed silent. "That or maybe..." Steve shrugged. Billy looked down at what Steve held and saw the obviously oversized shirt that would fit a little baggy on Steve but would actually... fit Billy quite well. Billy sighed before he quickly took off his shirt and snatched the shirt that Steve held, replacing it with Billy's white shirt. He tugged on the shirt from Steve with one pull. Steve was still silent, staring at the floor. But a deep blush covered his face up to his ears and down his neck. It was adorable. 

"I'll turn around" Billy said playfully though he did in fact turn around. He had seen Steve in the showers, drying practice, he had seen Steve shirtless quite some times but he knew Steve felt extra shy at this time. It seemed better to be more cautious with his teasing now that he had Steve in such a flustered state. He heard the shuffling of Steve as he took off his other clothes and put on the well fir white shirt from Billy. A rush of pure bliss and happiness went through Steve as he wore the shirt. Perhaps it wasn't a big act. To some it might've seen underwhelming but... just knowing that this was Billy's shirt sent waves of happiness, shyness, bliss, and giddiness through him. He stifled a giggle. "Maybe my... theory will work" Steve whispered. Billy took it as a sign that he could turn towards Steve again. "...maybe" Billy whispered back. 

Both of the boys were obviously blushing now that they wore each other's shirt. They went to Steve's room where they threw their dirty clothes into the hamper. Steve's eyes widened before he dashed to the small table that was set up with the printed pictures that Johnathan had helped him with... 

Johnathan. Steve's mind paused for a second. His mind was close (🤏) to slipping into a sea of thoughts. "What's that?" A curious voice inturupted his soon-to-be train of negative thoughts .  Steve immediately hid the pictures in his drawer "nothing! Nothing" he repeated with a stronger voice and straighter posture. Billy raised an eyebrow. "Nothing. Nothing? That doesn't seem like nothing when you hid it so quickly, Harrington" Billy said with a straight face. Steve glared at the boy in front of him causing Billy to chuckle. "Okay, okay... I'll drop it. For now." Billy mumbled. Slowly Billy climbed onto Steve's bed. The bed dipped to the side before he was fully on with a small creak. Steve got in beside him. 

The moonlight spilled in through Steve's window causing a... beautiful slight moonlight cover Billy. It looked dreamy. The way Billy's hair glistened in the moonlight. His eyes stood out brightly. 

"Take a picture it'll la-" Steve cut him off by flicking his forehead playfully. Billy grunted and murmured a 'hey' in annoyance. "I was just being cheesy" Billy mumbled with a huff. Steve looked over at his dressed. "Actually... I'll take up on your offer" A mischievous smile covered the brown haired boy's face. "Wait I didn't actually mean it" Billy groaned. 

Steve reached out for the camera in his dresser. He quickly took it out, turned it on and kept it on Billy until it focused. He made sure that the camera catches  the beautiful scene in front of him. Billy could only huff and whine in protest but he knew that Steve wasn't going to budge. 

... "smile!" Steve whined. He had repeated this over and over to the blonde boy (almost autocorrected it to blind boy 💀) but Billy, as always, kept a straight face. Steve let out a sigh. "Billyyyy!" He dragged on. Billy only smirked but quickly turned his face back to a neutral look. Steve dropped his camera to his lap in exhaspiration. "Okay. Okay Billy. Okay. I need you to look at me. Billy." Steve's voice changed into one a parent might use on their children during a scolding. "I have told you 23 times Billy. Goddamn 23. To smile. Smile! Do this!" Steve gave Billy a toothy smile before he dropped it. "I will take back my shirt and leave you to sleep shirtless in the cold night if you don't smile this instant" Steve tugged on Billy's shirt he wore. Billy bit his lip in a snug smile. "Kiss. A kiss. And I'll do it." Billy's grin grew. "You are sooo corny Billy!" Steve whined. 

Steve sighed before he started to lean in with an exaggerated slowness. "A kiss it is... after the picture!" Steve swiftly pulled his camera back up and in a matter of  a second he pressed the button and successfully got the picture. "That wasn't the deal, pretty boy!" Billy yelled. Steve giggled as he examined the picture of the blonde boy. Billy wore a toothy and dorky (👌🤌) smile. Steve quickly showed the picture to Billy and immediately a deep blush covered Billy. "No! Delete that! I'll smile this time just delete that one I look stupid..." he mumbled the last part. 

Steve leaned in and pecked Billy's lips. "You look cute. There. I said it. Cute." Steve nuzzled his nose against Billy's before he went to place the car near back in Its place. 

(((Hello!!!!!!!!!! So the next update will be stubborn, and then the other update will be Sugar Pills. I promise you'll find out whether having Billy there helped or no. Also I tried to keep the actions subtle. So them wearing each other's shirt didn't seem to much for the first day in a... relationship I guess. Not official yet but it shall be. I've read fics where they barely confess and the next thing you know suddenly the bed is rocking and shit. So this seems like a nice slow dip into the relationship. For this fic there might be a few more conflicts, a few more solutions, lots and lots of fluff. Maybe a few chapters when their older and all that fan-fiction crap. If anyone has a request of a specific line being said or a specific event happening in my fic you can tell me!! I don't like using other's work a lot, even if it's a request so I don't promise I will definitely use it but I would love to see what you would like!! And about that, tell me if there is something you'd like to see more of in this fanfiction (more of the party with Billy ((party and Billy bonding a bit more)) more scenes that Steve takes photos of, chaotic scenes with the party, more byler, elmax, a little romance maybe! Some jopper scenes perhaps? Hopper with Steve?) <- that's about this fic though. If you have requests for Stubborn then please write it there and not here so my  poor mind won't get confused. Well, thank you for reading! I love you ❤️!!!! And.... Oh! What's your favorite color? Or color combination? I absolutely love the combination of red, black, and white. Love it. It seemed really nice as a combination. Okay then, I shall see you in three days... bye! :3 ❤️🖤🤍)))