Part 42

"Is the table set?" Hopper yelled from the kitchen. Joyce looked over at Billy who had the table all set with the food for their little dinner. It wasn't anything fancy, just a normal dinner for a little family. (Use that imagination fueled muscle in your head to imagine a meal. There are no limits, they could be ating a whole feast or even just a bowl of cereal. It's all up to that imagination.) Billy smiled up at the older woman as he nodded. Hopper brought the main dish to the table and set it there. Hopper wasn't too shabby when it cam to cooking, but the fact that Hopper cooked something that looked good, the fact just made Billy so... cared for. Billy giggled slightly as he help Joyce set the plates, 5 plates around the medium sized table. A bit cramped, but it's not like they minded that. Billy suddenly turned to the window when a bright flash of light spilled through the glass, meaning that the one and only Steve was back from his adventure. Billy's eyed widened as he quickly walked to the door, switching his eyes from the wooden door to the windows to see when Steve would enter. Billy had genuinely missed Steve. Hell, Billy looked like a puppy that was finally seeing its owner after days of being left alone. (Joyce couldn't help but coo, looking up at Hopper with a smile as she watched the young man be so excited for the other boy.) Steve had the bag of snacks on his arm while he opened the back door and leaned in, carefully unbuckling El and gently picked her up in his arms, El still sleeping peacefully. Steve's face was one of relaxation and genuine joy as he walked up to the door. He was about to (somehow) open the door when, with surprise, it was opened before he even reached it. His smile became larger as he realized it was none other than his adorable Billy standing there, waiting for him. Billy was practically vibrating as he quickly got out of the way for Steve to get inside. "She's asleep..." Steve whispered, though it was useless as literal seconds later, El stirred in his arms and slowly opened her eyes, confused at the change of environment. Hopper chuckled as he watched his girl soon wake up in his son's arms. "Oh.." El mumbled, patting Steve's shoulder to put her down, to which he carefully did so. Steve let El fully wake up as he turned to Billy and handed the bag of snacks "here, I thought we could have a little movie night if you can stay. Is... that okay? Do you need to call Neil?" Steve's voice got the tiniest bit quieter at the man's name. Steve was concerned as he didn't know if maybe he had already gotten Billy in trouble since it was already a bit dark outside and Billy was still there. He didn't notice as Billy exchanged a little look with Hopper's smug face. Billy smiled softly, chuckling as he gently took Steve's hand in his "uhm, well... I think Hopper can tell you." Billy said, watching Steve face contort with different emotions, mostly confusion. "What?..." he mumbled, looking over at Hopper who chuckled a little belly laugh before shaking his head, waving Steve over to the table.

//------------//

Steve was sitting with Billy to his right and El to his left, Joyce and Hop in front of him as they all dug in to their meal, silent conversation passing along, but mostly filled with silence as they all ate. They were all pretty hungry, especially Billy who had lied in the morning saying he had eaten breakfast before coming, but in reality that wasn't quite true. He thought he was eating slow, but in reality the food in his plate was being devoured (making Steve giggle) "its really good! Thank you" Steve said between bites, smiling sweetly at both Joyce and Hopper, the smile absolutely making Hopper feel his heart swell with love for the boy. El was still a bit drowsy from the nap, but she was eating and giggling every now and then at something silly Steve said. Both Hopper and Billy were asking Steve what they had been up to, to which Steve told the story to the lot, exaggerating parts like the moldy bread and Will getting harassed by it. He made sure to include that Max was there to let Billy know that Max, for most of the day, was in safe hands. (Which El didn't forget to mention how absolutely amazing Max was at Rock Paper Scissors, which made Billy stifle a giggle) while eating though, every now and then, Steve would secretly scoot his foot closer and gently tap Billy's shoe, making Billy look at him silently, expecting a question or something that was directed only to him, but instead Steve just looked down at his food with a little smile, which made Billy blush the lightest bit each time Steve did this again. Those damn butterflies in Billy's tummy really were giving him their all. The plates were soon finished and Joyce had already stood up, offering to clean up when Steve immediately said no and quickly stood up "No, no, you guys made the meal for us and I'd love to help you clean up." Steve quickly said, smiling sweetly as he stacked up the plates, even Billy's, and took them all to the sink. Billy gave the two adults a little smile of his own before he stood up and walked off towards Steve. Hopper and Joyce kept quiet as they exchanged a look before the two chuckled. El was basically falling asleep on the table again, so Hop didn't hesitate to pick her up and carry her to her room. He'd make sure to keep some snacks for her for tomorrow. Billy walked up behind Steve and gave him a gentle hug from the back, chuckling as he heard Steve giggle at the affection. "I missed you." Billy mumbled, making Steve laugh softly as he continued to wash the dishes "oh? Is that so?" Steve asked playfully. But this time, he didn't get an answer from Billy. Billy kept quiet, his blue eyes slowly fluttering closed as he soaked in the physical touch between Steve and him. He loved this. He felt so alive like this. "So... do you want to talk about anything from today? You don't have to, I won't push" Steve whispered. Billy hummed softly, keeping his eyes shut. He remembered Hop warning him not to tell Steve about their talk, and Billy wasn't planning to. So he simply shook his head gently "no... I'm okay. Just missed you." He mumbled again, squeezing Steve's body a little in his embrace, making Steve to playfully squeak at the feeling...

"Keep it PG-13!" Hop suddenly yelled from the living room, making Steve break into a little fit of giggles, making Billy groan playfully as he let go of Steve when Steve finished cleaning the last dish. "Yes daaaad" Steve yelled back playfully. "Come on, before they lock you in a different room than mine" Steve giggled, taking Billy's hand and dragging him to the couch where Hopper and Joyce were both already on the couch, switching through channels for a movie. Billy went for he snack bag and dug through it, pulling out a cherry lollipop and popping it I'm his mouth, handing the bag to Steve as Billy sat down on the floor, watching Steve go through the snacks an settling on a bag of gummy bears (yall have no idea how much I love gummy bears, so much better than gummy worms. No, they are not the same thing.) Steve and Billy sat together, eating their candy while hop snacked on a few pieces of taffy, sharing with Joyce quietly. Billy took out the lollipop from his mouth, looking at it before playfully poking it at Steve's lips, making Steve whine a bit as he playfully pushed Billy's hand away "ewwww. It's all covered in spit" Steve mumbled quietly, watching Billy chuckle playfully. Billy chuckled, lacking the lollipop once more, watching Steve pop in a red gummy bear before quickly pulling Steve in for a kiss. Billy was quick to take the gummy bear in his own mouth, Steve still in shock and joy as he kissed back, not noticing his gummy bear was gone. "PG-13!" Hop mumbled, tapping Steve's back as Billy chuckled into the kiss and pulled back, loudly chewing on the gummy bear. As Steve realized that was HIS gummy bear that was in HIS mouth, he blushed furiously as he turned to the TV, ignoring Billy's stare as the blue eyed boy swallowed the little candy, chuckling quietly.

(AKSHHHSKAHSGDKAH--)

(BTW- I also realized this fanfic is more fluff so I want you to say whether you want more angst or fyou want me to keep the fluff. Because I see that multiple people prefer angst so I want to know. I love angst too- but I take inspiration from like- music and stuff and like, right now the music I'm hearing is SO fluffy so this is the product. So tell me, more angst or fluff? Apart from the normal plot of course, that's angst either way)

(Alsoooo, is there anyone here that is bilingual? I speak both English and Spanish. Soooo, jut to show you how this chapter was so fluffy, I was listening to Vivo by Fobie, it's a song in Spanish and I love it and it gave me the feels to write this little fluffy piece)