Part 18

Steve woke up slowly. It was still early since his room was barely lit up from the dim morning sun. Steve was about to fall back asleep when he suddenly became aware of the arms around his waist... what? Steve panicked slightly, trying to turn around without waking the unknown person holding him. He shifted so now he was face to face with this certain someone. Steve stiffened and his eyes widened when he was met with the peaceful sleeping face of Billy. Billy Hargrove. What was Billy Hargrove doing in his room? He then looked down at Billy's chest to find it wet. It all came back rushing to Steve. Steve crying into Billy's chest, Billy staying over. 

Steve was almost sure that they were only holding hands when he had fallen asleep... So, what was Billy doing on his bed spooning him? Billy had taken over Steve's blanket. Steve left with only the warmth of Billy's arms. Damn Billy. Steve tried to tug the blanket off of Billy for himself, but it wouldn't budge. Steve gave up with a huff. Steve looked back up at the sleeping boy, studying his features for a second. Watching Billy furrow his eyebrows and mumble something in his sleep. Steve snorted slightly in amusement as he continued to watch Billy. 

Minutes had passed and Steve couldn't have been more entertained watching Billy mumble out words and his facial expressions change. It was all utterly adorable yet amusing to Steve. He suddenly perks up before he shifted slightly to his side, facing away from Billy. Steve reached out to his small little dresser beside his bed (I don't know what I called it before, but you can imagine) He reached for the camera from before, turning it on. He swiftly backed away slightly while facing Billy. enough that the camera could focus. Steve laughs quietly to himself before pressing the record button, staying quiet as the video rolled. 

Steve kept recording. He now had a long video full of Billy laughing slightly and mumbling in his sleep. Not to mention the strange expressions. His eyebrows raised to suddenly furrowed in confusion. Then to anger. It was all so amusing to Steve. He tried his best to keep in his laugh. He closed his eyes in an attempt to stifle his laugh when suddenly he opened them and was met with tired blue eyes across from him. 

"Harrington?..." Billy croaked, trying to take in everything. Billy's eyes widen when he spots Steve with the camera in his hand. "Steve... You better get rid of whatever shit you were doing; you hear me?" Billy grumbles before reaching out for the camera. Not before Steve had already gotten off of the bed, giggling. "Harrington...." Billy warned but it still didn't faze Steve. Steve only giggled louder, still recording the whole situation. Billy groggily sat up with a frown. "Stop the damn camera, Steve!" Billy half-yelled though quickly quieted himself down, remembering where he was. Steve giggled and backed away towards the door. 

When he saw Billy stand up, he quickly placed the stop on the recording and placed the camera on the floor. Billy stretched with a sigh "You barely stopped when I got up, huh? What? Were you scared I was gonna pummel you down like before?" Billy mocked. Steve huffed before walking back to his bed and sitting down. "... you looked cute though" Steve mumbled. Billy grinned to himself with a small almost unnoticeable blush. "Cute?" Billy copied. Steve soon found himself covered in a hot blush, quickly looking away from Billy. He simply shrugged. "No, no I want to hear it again. You thought I was what?" Billy pressed on. Steve stayed silent before huffing. 

"Billy? Can you... Not tell anyone what happened at night? No one? Not even Dusting? Please..." Steve suddenly changed the subject. Now the serious tone of voice Steve used made Billy's smirk drop. "Of course... I won't tell anyone" Billy murmured. Steve looked over at Billy with what seemed to be teary eyes. Billy was surprised but didn't hesitate to bring Steve in a side hug. "Why did you call me, Steve?" Billy whispered. Steve sniffled and gulped down the tears and sadness he suddenly felt. "Nightmare" Steve simply whispers with a shrug. Billy nods "I know. But why me? Why not Hop? Why not Eleven? Or even that toothless kid?" Billy copies Steve's whispering. Steve looks down at his hands through the tears before he sighed. "The nightmare... it was... about you" Steve choked out. Billy was still confused... had Billy caused the nightmare? Was Billy the nightmare? "What doe you mean by that?" Billy whispered to Steve. 

Steve stayed silent for another minute or two before he sighed again "you... I was at the Star court mall..." Steve started to explain his nightmare. Fresh tears weld up in his eyes as he started to go into detail. Bringing in how Billy screamed in pain and the blood pooling under him. His shirt soaked in blood. Steve felt a trickle of cold sweat go down his neck. His whole body trembling as he brought up the kids. Even max. Saying how each and every single one of them were stabbed to death.Their  blood splattered and sprayed everywhere. 

Billy winced at the gruesome details. The terrible painful images flashed before him. He can ups only imagine what Steve had seen... everything just made sense. The way he had talked to Billy. Why he all of a sudden wanted to hug him. Be with him. It all made sense. "Was tonight the first time?..." Billy interrupted Steve. 

Steve hesitantly shook his head. "N-no... I had them just after- after the mind flayer attacked. And that's why I have to take those" Steve shakily pointed at the closed drawer. Billy slowly connected the pieces but it all made sense. "How about tonight?" Billy asks. Steve looks at him confused "what about tonight?" Steve asked at Billy. "Maybe...we can test it. What if I come over tonight and sleep with you.. or beside you. Maybe you won't have a nightmare tonight if I'm over. It could like... cancel it out." Billy suggests. Steve's face flushed a slight pink at the thought of sleeping beside Billy. Part of him liked the idea but what if it didn't work? What if it only made things worse?... 

Steve hesitantly nodded. "Yeah... okay... we can do that" he said before leaning against Billy's chest. 

(This was more fluff about the camera and stuff but it's an update still :D so I'm getting more and more hyped about the summer camp au and I'm pretty excited at how it'll go! Whenever I post it make sure to check it out! It's not out yet but it should be by late Wednesday. And it will probably be harringrove. Most likely. But go ahead and say what you'd like it to be. But I'm eager about it and I hope that you are too :D well, thank y'all for existing :)