The Family Falling Out

New Orleans - 4 years later

Stepping onto the porch of Mary the crescent werewolf leader I knocked on the door. Raelyn had called me a few hours ago saying that they had come to the school complaining that the wedding should happen soon. "What do you want, Mikaelson!" Mary opened the door aggressively towards me.

"I was informed you paid my wife a visit earlier this morning and I am here to clear some misunderstanding up for you." Putting my hands on the edge of the doorway I stayed outside. "My daughter Alina will only marry Jackson if she wishes to. Whatever power you think you have, remember I can kill you without blinking!"

She raised her head slightly. "I'm not afraid of you, vampire. I have faced creatures like you for a long time."

"Hmm well see that...may I speak with the young lad?" I clicked my tongue, smirking lightly at her.

She glared at me. "Like hell I will allow that!"

Someone walks through the kitchen where I tilted my head to the side. There was a young boy with curly black hair and dark black eyes that stared at me. "Mom, is this Alina's dad?"

"Yes I am, mate." I vamped through the door past his mother standing almost pressed against his chest. "My name is Klaus and you must be Jackson - ah!" I groaned covering my heart seeing an arrow sticking inside my back where I collapsed onto the floor.

Jackson lifts his gaze up to his mother. "Was that really necessary, mom?"

"Yes it was. The Mikaelsons are nothing but trouble." She lowered her crossbow.

It was a few minutes more before Klaus woke up and yanked the arrow out of his heart. "Listen here, bayou wolf. My daughter is the most important thing to me. So if you're not in this to protect her and treat her as family. Then I don't see how your son is worthy of marrying my daughter in the future." He growled, flashing his hybrid eyes at the woman.

"Mr. Mikaelson, I am not in this against my will because my mother forced me to marry Alina." Jackson pushed his mother away from the hybrid. "I have always been attracted to her since I first saw her when we were kids. I don't want to marry her until or if she ever feels the same about me."

"And you vow that if you marry that you will treat her fairly, protect her and follow her wherever she wishes go go?" I questioned the young werewolf wanting to know his intentions with my daughter.

Jackson nodded with a serious look. "Yes, sir."

"Even if she has yet to trigger her werewolf curse?" I gave him one more final test seeing that his mother gave a look of annoyance that Raelyn had yet to tell her that. "Would you still be so devoted to her?"

Jackson nodded in agreement. "Yes, Mr. Mikaelson. I care about her. Not what species she is."

"Good lad. We'll be in touch, Jackson...just Jackson." Placing my hand on his shoulder I headed out the door sending Mary a glare before I slowly started walking through the woods sensing someone behind me. "Alina?"

Her blonde hair was straight and falling down her shoulders wearing a dark black jacket that looked like mine. "Hi dad, can we talk?"

"Lina, you can't be here." I warned her.

She put her hands together in front of her, giving me a kind smile. "It's an astral projection, dad. You don't have to worry. I came here wanting to talk about something...how exactly did you know that you cared about mom?"

"What exactly are you wanting me to tell you, sweetheart?" I asked her crossing her arms over my chest.

She avoided my gaze, dropping it to the dirt sighing heavily where I heard her heart skip a beat. "Humans are naturally supposed to feel love from other people that aren't related to them by blood. But I don't know what that feels like...I don't know I can feel that for Jackson. So I'm asking you...how does it feel to love someone who isn't your family..."