Mikaelson's before Gemini

One year ago

"Alina, get down from there!" I scolded my five year old daughter who was sitting on one of the beams holding up the apartment ceiling.

She giggled down at me. "I'm on top of the world!"

"How did you even get up there?" Putting my hands on my hips I sent her a glare.

I heard someone sneeze behind me after they ran into Jo's dresser where she kept the ascendent. "Ow!"

"Hope!" I grumbled when she became visible with Missy at her side. "Did you help your sister with a levitation spell?"

Missy nodded. "We thought it would be fun."

"Okay family meeting.....everyone on the ground floor now." I declare seeing my second child jump down landing on her feet beside me. The three girls sat down on the bed waiting for me to say something. "We need to go over some rules. One - don't do magic unless I am in the room. Two - always stay with each other, it's not safe to be alone even here."

Missy raised her hand. "Mom, what is the toy with all the bells and gears in Jo's cabinet?"

"Hmm...you mean this. It's called the Ascentdent." Rummaging around in her top dresser drawer pulling out the weird rounded object.

Alina tilted her head. "What is it for?"

"It's a key to a prison world that my uncle Joshua Parker created. But you will never meet him. Keeping a very powerful psycho away from others." Rolling it back up into his Jo had it hidden I closed the drawer. "And it's not a toy. Do you understand that?"

They all nodded in agreement to me. "It's not a toy."

Walking through the park of the college my phone rang and it was an unknown number but I answered it regardless. "Did you think that I wouldn't find out where you were at, little niece?"

"Uncle Joshua, are we really still having this over the phone? I told you I will release Kai without hesitation!" I snapped at him clutching my freehand closed tightly.

Spinning around on my feet throwing my hair around I gasped stumbling backwards a little seeing him actually standing behind me. "Sometimes you're clever and other times you don't impress me, Raelyn. Now let's talk this out."

"I don't think so." Putting my phone back in my pocket I glared at him. "You do realize I won't let you anywhere near my kids."

Joshua walked forward with his hand together pleading with me. "Raelyn, please understand this. Now that you are a vampire the line needs to be reversed back to me. Your children are far too young and you bore three kids."

"But you don't know any spell to reverse it. Otherwise you would have done it yourself!" I fought against his words.

My uncle threw his hands away from his sides. "Because I don't have the leadership power anymore. It's running through your veins not mine. Meaning we have to work together to shift the ability back to me."

"So you can trick me and force my daughters into merging like you did me and my twin brother!" I shouted getting in his face when I vamped forward. "Because get this through your skull I will never help you to hurt anyone else in our bloodline. Whoever created this tradition is a psycho just like you say Kai is!"

He huffed his shoulders before I heard giggling coming from behind us. Whipping my head around I noticed my three girls running through the grass. "Mommy!"

"Girls, hey we need to go now." I rushed forward to push them away from my uncle.

Yet Missy bless her sweet soul. "Who are you, I'm Missy Mikaelson." She moved around my legs, sticking her hand out for him to shake.