Bloodline Deals

Walking down the staircase I held my phone between my shoulder and my ear shrugging on my gray jacket. "Caroline, hey. I'm sorry that we just had to leave so suddenly. But my brother called asking for help."

"Don't apologize for that. You and Jacob have nearly gone through hell and back for each other. So if he calls you have to help him." She responded through the phone until she put it on video showing her already growing baby bump.

Covering my mouth with my freehand I gasped grinning at her. "That's crazy, Care. I'm happy for you though. If you ever need to rant about something. I'm your girl."

"There is one thing that is annoying. The weird cravings and the desire to have alcohol. Since it helps with my craving for blood." She ran a hand through her hair sighing heavily.

Throwing my head back I laughed remembering the torture during those months. "Oh my god. I hated that. Anyway don't judge for me asking this but how are you that far along. It's only been like two months since we came back here."

"According to Valerie the heretic doctor. She thinks that maybe your uncle used his magic before he died to speed up the pregnancy. I'm not really sure. But enough about me." The blonde vampire shook her head.

Walking down the last step of the staircase I noticed Hayley walking in the doorway. She hadn't left her daughter's side for months while we tried to figure out this stuff with the Hollow. "It's a long story but basically there's a dead girl who wants more power than she already has. Hey Care, I have to let you go. Hayley just got here."

"Tell her hi for me. Bye Rae." She waved to me before I put my phone in my back pocket.

Hayley sat down at a table covered with a bunch of creamy treats that Klaus had rewarded the girls with after they saved our lives from Davina trying to kill him. "I guess apple turnover is a fruit."

"Uh sorry that's Nik's treat. He literally compelled the owner to give over the entire candy shop. Anyway I'm sorry to call you here when you are concerned for Andrea. But you're the only person Davina told more about the Hollow to." Sitting down in a chair I pulled up I stared at her.

She brushed hair out of her face. "From what she told me it turns out that the werewolf curse was created by the Hollow. Which was surprising."

"Dang that curse goes back that far. That makes her as strong as the Original Witch Esther." I gasped, parting my lips. "That's honestly something I worried about for Alina. She has her father's temper but she isn't always in control of it."

The brunette wolf leaned up taking a bite out of one of the many desserts. "Have you told Klaus yet about the whole marriage thing?"

"I'm assuming Jacob finally told you about that. It was supposed to be Andrea but she's only just now started to show her magical ability. And we won't know if she's half wolf until she accidentally kills someone. Regardless, we're getting off topic." I crossed my arms over my chest leaning back in my chair.

She took another bite. "Fine, okay. She also said that my bloodline is what can kill the Hollow-"

"I knew it could be killed!" Hitting my hands on the table I interrupted her. "Sorry, sorry, continue."

The crescent werewolf nodded. "Yeah so...I am the last of my line so if I die then the Hollow will come after my daughter. Even though she already is considering it, she can probably feel the magic running through her blood. I just don't know what to do about it."

"Wait a second. Davina is the link to the ancestors' magic. Maybe we can talk to them about how to stop her." Resting my elbows on the table I leaned towards her.