EPILOGUE - 2

Alhaitham placed his ink pen away as he adjusted his spectacles

Alhaitham placed his ink pen away as he adjusted his spectacles. After going through the content written in the book, he carefully flipped through the yellow pages to once more ensure he didn't miss any points.

Years had passed since he had returned to Sumeru City after the unfortunate incident with Y/n. The time they had together was less but it was still fresh in his mind as he could remember those days. But the grief stayed back no matter what.

Closing the book and placing it on his desk, he placed his old weak fingers over the title of the book. 

The Lost History. He was secretly proud when he wrote her name as the publisher as he continued to write the final thesis on behalf of her. The truth behind everything that had happened. 

Connecting the original hints Y/n had, with the hints he had himself and all the things he had witnessed, he had managed to fill all the blank pages with the actual story of what had happened. It did feel odd to him as this was also a thesis his late mother was working on.

As he got up from his chair, he felt a strong pain coursing through his chest as he began coughing. Feeling the taste of iron in his mouth, he immediately picked up the little handkerchief on his table. He covered his mouth as he coughed incessantly. 

Once he had stopped coughing, he noticed a familiar stain of blood all over the white handkerchief. In normal situation, a person would panic but Alhaitham only smiled as he looked at it. 

To him it was a reminder that his lonely days were going to get over once and for all. An indication that he could meet her once more. A fresh new chance to fall in love all over again. 

.

.

.

"What have I done wrong now? I swear by the dendro archon- wait are you okay mister?" A grown up Izuru asked as he sat opposite to Alhaitham. 

Years passed but Izuru never quit calling Alhaitham as the tall 'mister', his childish demeanor continued to go on with time despite being the current sage of the Vahumana Darshan. Alhaitham who was reading a book as he sat across from Izuru only gave him a glance.

"I am quite fine, thank you. You have done nothing wrong. I have a favor to ask." Alhaitham said as he snapped the book close. He got up from his seat and took out the book that he had finished writing on behalf of Y/n. 

Upon handing it over to Izuru, he noticed the shock the young man had. 

"But...this mission wasn't it..." Izuru was at loss for words as he looked at the book. 

"It ended on a tragic note but it can bring about a change just like Y/n had wished." Alhaitham remarked as he sat back at his place, crossing his leg one over the other. 

"Then why didn't you submit this during all these years-"

"I didn't trust anyone in the Akademiya. They would tamper with the logic and the story would be lost once more in time. Since you're the sage of Vahumana, I trust you'll carry her legacy well." Alhaitham said as he noticed Izuru carefully touch the page on which Y/n had once written her logic and its connections. 

"Did you really...keep this to yourself for these many years? Didn't it remind you of her and that incident everyday...." Izuru asked back as his voice was extremely low. He remembered Y/n and missed her very much. 

"It is why I took these many years to finish writing the rest logic in it. I was either hurt or reminded of it. But I'm glad, It's finally over." Alhaitham said as he smiled a little. 

"I have fulfilled her only goal in life. I can finally be at ease." 

.

.

.

That night was the last night Alhaitham had slept. He had peacefully passed away in his sleep. The following day, Izuru had published Y/n's thesis on the Lost History. 

.

.

 ༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

Waking up to the sounds of birds chirruping the sun rays entering the room through the curtains, Alhaitham takes his phone from his bed stand to realize it was already ten in the morning. He felt exhausted, as if he had the longest dream ever. 

A dream that he couldn't even remember clearly. He lazily got up from his bed as he prepared himself to go out and get a few books from the bookstore. 

.

.

"I have seventy-two missed calls from you, Kaveh." Alhaitham spoke through the phone as he walked through shelves of books, looking for an interesting read. 

"Oh? I must have been drunk! Of course not! I didn't touch alcohol yesterday! But why can't you take calls when it's very important?" Kaveh shouted from the other side, causing Alhaitham's ears to ring. 

"Define important to me, if you can Kaveh." Alhaitham asked back. As couldn't find any interesting books in the isle he was in, he walked to the next one. 

As he walked to the next one, he noticed a woman with [h/c] hair that gave him rushed feeling of déjà vu.  Alhaitham would have nearly dropped his phone due to the sudden feeling he felt. His heart was beating faster than ever and he feels like he has felt this before.

"Important is when I need my project fund approvals! How long must I-!" Kaveh was immediately cut off by Alhaitham. 

"Submit a proper fund request form. My office hours are nine in the morning to five in the evening. Make sure to go through all the details twice before you submit to ensure a fast processing of your request. Goodbye." Alhaitham said as he ended the call and looked at the woman walk towards the cashier. 

STORY CONTINUED IN CONVENIENCE. 

FINISHED.