21. In A Never Ending Daze.

༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

"So that's what happened. I found you there, you had a deep gash on your left arm that bled non-stop, face stained with dry blood and some mysterious elemental form before you." I explained Alhaitham the scenario from a week ago.

He only sat on the couch, keenly listening to whatever I had to tell. Though the two of us admitted feelings for one another, he was still the same. I didn't try bothering him to change because that was just him being him.

He had more of a contemplating and frustrated reaction. He sighed heavily once I was done telling him.

 Ever since I mentioned about the incident, he has been trying hard to remember it but today finally I broke his attempt and told him all what happened, hoping he could remember more events that happened.

"No, I don't remember anything. Not even a single thing what you mentioned." He muttered out, trying to avoid my gaze. His fingers were intertwined with one another, as he kept pressing them. It's anxiety.

It sickened me to see the most calm person in Akademiya who never once in his life showed his anxiety or weakness, now show how anxious he truly was. Perhaps I was too used to seeing his undisturbed  behavior even in the times of danger.

"I suppose it's fine. We'll just have to work with what I have observed. Here, I wrote these down." I said to him as I picked up a bunch of papers on which I wrote about all my observations. He went through it within a matter of few minutes.

"It's strange." He remarked as he quickly skimmed through it. 

"Very strange, I know." I said back as I sat down on one of the chairs.

"I didn't finish my sentence. It is strange that you have even written down such observations." Alhaitham said as he flipped the page to read the content written behind it as well.

"Unlike you, I have quite a lot on my plate to process inside my head. I didn't want to miss out on any keypoints so I wrote them down." I replied back slightly annoyed by his question. 

He only gave me a glance. "It was a positive comment actually. Perhaps Kaveh has passed down his behavior to you after spending time with you." 

Even in the end of the day, he is still fixated about Kaveh. I seriously doubt if I'd be in a relationship with him for much longer. 

"Ugh, enough nagging about the poor guy he even ran out in the rain just to get the herbs to prepare a relief medicine for you and not to forget how he literally carried you back here!" I protested back as he only gave me a surprised look and left an 'oh' from his lips.

After that, a silence followed. The only sound in the room was the sounds of him flipping through the page and the two of us breathing in a steady pattern. The calm pattering of rain droplets against the window could also be heard.

That's when I remembered one more key point from the past week's incident. The mysterious creature had remarked twice about something related to history. but the problem was, you couldn't remember what it had stated.

I was far too panicked looking at Alhaitham who was nearly close to death that I had completely forgotten about whatever it had to tell. All to add up in the moment, a sudden appearance of my new hydro vision also played a role in me not noticing what it had to say.

Alhaitham noticed the frustration on my face and did not hesitate to ask.

"Is there something that is making you frustrated?" He asked as he set down the papers on the coffee table. 

I only looked at him. "I realize, the mysterious creature also had mentioned something about history that day. I cannot seem to remember it.." 

Alhaitham only raised his eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean?" 

I got up from the chair and picked up the book that I had found the following day after he was injured. "I found this version of the 'Lost History' book at the same place I found you, the next day when I wanted to observe the place. Before that, the creature kept referring random lines with respect to a change in history." 

"That's the very same book that you are trying to prove wrong. The very same book my mother tried to prove wrong." Alhaitham said as his focus was all over the book's hardcover. 

"Right, have you ever been curious about this book's content? You always told my logic was absolutely was illogical." 

He looked away immediately. "I was only testing you. Forget that." he muttered in a low tone.

I grinned in victory. "Oh I cannot hear you, the great scribe of Akademiya, can you talk louder. I remember a certain someone always argued about me being wrong." I kept mocking him as I brought my hands behind my ears.

He only looked away in denial. It was truly fun to see Alhaitham at loss for words. 

"Alright, I'll get to the point. There is something or someone that doesn't want us to find the truth about the history. Your parents did not run into an accident if we look from the same approach." I said to him which caught his attention for sure this time.

He only looked at me. "So we are the next prey for the predators now?"

I only left a weary sigh and placed the book down. 

"That's right, we are the next target. One mistake and everything will go down falling." 

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

END

A/n: I LIED. 

1. I posted this 2 days before march.
2. My finals didn't begin, it starts tomorrow. 

But I think from this point onward, the story changes quite a lot :D I finished writing a rough plot of how it will end and I plan to end this on a tragic note, don't worry epilogue will help you cope. That aside, I am very thrilled to write this jhdsjhd I cannot wait to see the reactions lol

and I am honored to let you know I have started writing another Alhaitham book with slowburn and perhaps future fluff in case this angst hurts you.