1. The Fateful meeting.

༻                ♡  ♡  ♡                ༺

༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

YOU were an average researcher at the the prestigious institution of Akademiya. Well 'average' was a term that you'd use in your point of view but in-reality people would only respond by telling;

"Y/n L/n from the Vahumana Darshan? You have an appointment with her? Goodness me! Her theory had me blown away." 

Knowledge was the only thing that matter in this nation. Nothing was considered above the knowledge one possessed. Those who possessed it were the real victors while the rest were nothing but mere specks of dust in the land of the Dendro Archon. 

Where sages spent hours and years trying to link their subconscious mind to the Irminsul, which was theorized to be connected to the Dendro Archon, You did not become a researcher for the knowledge. All you wanted was to remain respected in the society. 

Walking through the empty halls of the Vahumana Darshan's research facility, you could hear the echoes of your feet against the marble floor. You were carrying a bunch of papers in your hands. 

Upon reaching a big door you stopped walking and stared at it. You let a sigh and entered. 

"You asked me your audience professor?" You asked as you only looked at your professor, who was seated. You did not take notice of anything else in the room.

"Ah yes Y/n. We have a small work for you and a certain someone else. In the south of Sumeru, there's an unexplored ruins that were recently unearthed by adventurers. Your mission is to present a theory on it's past to the Grand Sage." The professor spoke. 

Only one question now lingered in your mind.

"Who's the certain someone else you refer to, Professor?" you asked out of curiosity until you noticed a man with silky silver hair. His emerald orbs with golden pupils, were now met with your [E/C] orbs. His lips were curved to form a little smile.

"Alhaitham." You grumbled out. 

"I'll be the certain someone, who'll be assisting you in this work." He said as he got up from his seat and walked towards you.

You gave him a cold stare as you turned around to ask your professor a question. 

"Might I be bold to ask why we have him here? He's supposed to be at the Haravatat Darshan and not here." You replied with a calm gesture though you had anger running through your veins.

"You must already know that the Haravatat Darshan is heavily experienced with runes and the place your about to visit is filled with them. Alhaitham is to assist you with this project due to the high experience he has to himself. Try not to bicker with one another while your at it." The professor talked back sternly.

"If it is for a research, I wouldn't mind. As for the 'bickering' part, I've never really had any problems with Y/n." Alhaitham said back as he stood with his arms crossed. He gave me a glance.

"Fine. I'll oblige and take this work up. Ten weeks. We need ten weeks—" Your words were cut short when Alhaitham interrupted. "Six weeks. We'll take six weeks. Using more than that time limit would be a waste of time. and energy." 

"But—! ugh, fine. Six weeks, sir." You said as you strutted out from the room. You were once again alone in the corridors walking along with a cloud of thoughts.

Of all people why him.

He always has something to go against when it comes to my theories.

His rational and priority in work behavior! Oh lesser lord Kusanali, what have I signed up for...

You walked back to your study and dropped the papers you were carrying around for a while. You sat back and relaxed for a while then brought yourself to begin the work. 

"May I get in?" A familiar voice was heard from your door. It was Alhaitham.

"No, get out. I'm busy." You responded back. 

He knocked. You didn't respond. He continued to knock on and on. 

"Fine! get in." You shouted back. He entered the room with a bunch of sheets in his hand. "Here. These are some references and plans of the surrounding location. Not accurate to the point, but I suggest you finish memorizing this." He said.

]You left a hum in approval and went back to doing whatever you were doing earlier. He eyed at the papers that you were reading keenly.  

3RD POV: 

"Stop poking your nose into my work, jerk." Y/n said she closed her papers.

"All I can say is that, we're all jerks at the Akademiya. Which explains how I've also ended up with you, another jerk." Alhaitham responded calmly with a smile.

"You-! Why did I even accept this at the first place.."

"I have a well established role at the Akademiya, unlike you. In the most likely events, I'll have a firm role here while you.....you may or may not lose your job due to the lack of reports. So I'm technically helping you by exploring these ruins." He explained.

"By reading a bunch of runes while I'll have to theorize the rest." Y/n bluntly said with a stoic expression.

Alhaitham walked away, turning his back on her and said;

"Tomorrow, five in the morning sharp, not a minute early or late, we'll leave to these ruins." 

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
END

A/N: HELLOOO!! How was the book so far?!