22. Troublesome Work.

༻                ♡  ♡  ♡                ༺

 ༻ ♡ ♡ ♡ ༺

You walked out of the bathroom after a shower to find Alhaitham sleeping soundly on bed with a book on his face. You only stared at him, sleeping so peacefully on the soft covers of the large bed while you had to sleep on the hard cold couch.

Oh how your shoulders and back felt shivers going behind it, realizing you had to sleep on the couch.

Regrettably, there were no other rooms available and Kaveh's room was immediately occupied by another traveler when he left, so now you had to share the room with him, splitting the cost equally. A terrible choice of decision.

You should have just booked another room when he was unconscious but then if you weren't in the same room as him back then, he would have obviously died out of intolerable pain.

Walking up to the desk to turn off the lamp that was left on by you earlier, you noticed a bunch of papers that you had half worked on. That's when realization hit you. 

...Besides the main work of exploring a recently opened ruin, you had quite a lot of other theses that you had to submit soon. By soon, within the next eight weeks of your travel, you need to report these to the sage of Vahumana through your Akasha Terminal. 

It was already eleven in the night and you were sure you wouldn't be able to sleep on that cold couch knowing so much work awaited you. Hence, there began the crazy stories of you being high on coffee and finishing work by staying up till four in the morning.

Unfortunately, there was one room and now two people are sharing the one room. One sleeps on the lavish bed while the other sleeps on the couch because she obliged to do so. 

Under the light of the lamp, you read through your notes to write down content for your thesis but words weren't coming to you at all. You kept clicking the back of your pen until you heard an annoyed groan from the scribe who was tossing around in the bed, pillow over his head.

You turned around and realized he wasn't wearing his headphones, perhaps why he was irritated by the slightest noises made in the room but you couldn't help but envy how he was sleeping so peacefully.

"Being a scribe must be real relaxing for you huh?" You muttered to yourself.

As you once more turned around back to facing the blank sheets of white paper, finally able to make some sentences in your head, you heard Alhaitham muttered something in his sleep.