025: New Years Eve

Depuis le début

After a little while they all decided to sing a mashup from the songs in HSM 2.
"Remember, my feedback is both precious and invaluable. So think of this melody as a pre- audition workshop." Carlos explains before turning to Seb. "You may begin."
"Go Seb!" Nini says.
"Yeah Sharpay!" Summer cheers.

Seb:
It's out with the old
And in with the new
Goodbye clouds of grey
Hello skies of blue
A dipin' the pool
A trip to the spa
Endless days in my shades
The whole world according to moi

Seb and Carlos:
I want fabulous
That is my simple request
All things fabulous
Bigger and Better and Best
I need something inspiring to help me get along
I need a little fabulous is that so wrong

Seb and Carlos move away from the piano as Ashlyn sits down in front of it.
"That's my cousin." EJ says after Ashlyn had sung the first bit.

Ashlyn:
Na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, yeah
You are the music in me
You know the words
'Once upon a time'
Make you listen
There's a reason

Ashlyn and Gina:
When you dream there's a chance you'll find
A little laughter, or happy ever after

Summer spots Ricky walking over to them with his guitar before Nini pushes her towards him. Ricky lightly taps Ashlyns' shoulder letting her know he would take over before playing the guitar as him and Summer smile, staring at each other.

Summer and Ricky:
You're a harmony to the melody
Echoing inside my head

Summer:
A single voice above the noise

Ricky:
Single voice

Summer and Ricky:
Like a common thread

Ricky:
Ohh, you're pulling me

Both:
When I hear my favourite song
I know that we belong
You are the music in me

Ricky:
Yeah

Summer and Ricky:
It's living in all of us
It's brought us here because
You are the music in me
Na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, yeah, yeah, yeah
You are the music in me
Na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, yeah, yeah, yeah
You are the music in me

As the couple were singing, it was like the whole world just disappeared. It was just the two of them. Once they finished singing they slowly leaned in.
"One minute till midnight!" Alice shouts causing the couple to jump apart.
Everyone get's into a circle as Ashlyn hands out party blowers and they throw beach balls around the circle.

Big Red:
Everybody, all for one
Our real summer has just began

Kourtney:
Let's rock and roll, and just let go

Alice and Stephanie:
Feel the rhythm of the drums

EJ:
We're gonna have fun in the sun

Nini:
Now the hard work work is done

All:
Everybody one for all

Everyone puts there hands into the middle of the circle before pulling them back.

All:
And all for one
All for...

"Ten seconds till midnight!" Natalie shouts.
Everyone counts down as Ricky grabs summer's hand pulling her closer. Kissing her just as it hits midnight.
"I have an announcement!" Miss Jenn shouts coming into the house.
Summer and Ricky pull apart and Ricky quietly groans annoyed.
"What is it with people ruining our moments tonight?" Ricky asks causing Summer to laugh and kiss his cheek before turning her attention to miss Jenn.
"You cut your hair!" Carlos shouts.
"Thank you. Wait, do you like it?"" Miss Jenn asks causing a few people to nod. "That's not the announcement. Okay. Countrey to rumour, we are not doing 'High School Musical 2'."
"What?" A few people say confused as Ricky and Summer share a confused look.
"Oh my gosh." Alice says as her and Kourtney hold Carlos up so he doesn't fall, when he nearly does.
"We are doing a american classic." Miss Jenn says. "'Beauty And The Beast'. And I know East High just did it a couple years ago. But you didn't do it my way. And you didn't win the most important award in all of theatre."
"The Tony?" Gina asks.
"Okay, the second most important award." Miss Jenn says.
"The drama desk?" Seb asks.
"Oh yes." Summer says.
"Everyone calm down." Miss Jenn says. "This semester, we are entering the Alan Menken Awards for High School Musical Theatre. And we are going to win."
"That means beating North High Miss Jenn." Carlos reminds her. "They have a thousand- gallon 'Little Mermaid' aquarium."
"Then we will have an aquarium to." Miss Jenn says.
"In 'Beauty And The Beast'?" Carlos asks.
"Okay, I need to study the text." Miss Jenn says. "So who is ready to show the world, they deserve to get that scholarship to NYU?" She get's a few confused looks. "I mean, who is ready to go from amateur thespians to statewide award winners?"
"What team?" Ricky asks standing next to Miss Jenn.
"Wildcats!" Everyone responds.
"This is gonna be everything!" Gina says.
"Sum, you were born for this show." Big Red says.
"I can already picture yo in Belle's gold dress." Ashlyn adds.
"I'm in, if you're in, Sum." Ricky tells her.
"Guys, I'm moving to Denvur. I got into the actors youth conservatory." Nini announces.
"What!" There was a gasp from everyone in the room.
"Nini that's amazing." Alice says as Summer and Nini share a look.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait. What's that look about?" Ricky asks.
"I- Uhm...I-" Summer says struggling to get her words out. "I might also be going. I haven't decided yet."
Ricky looks at her shocked.
"Wait you got in to? That's amazing." Stephanie says.
"Yeah, uhm... I have to go." Summer says awkwardly. "I have you make sure Ellie is in bed."
With that Summer walks out the house, Nini following closely behind her.

_________

After the events of the party. Summer and Nini get home. Summer goes to her room turning the light on expecting to see nobody but she sees Ellie cuddled up in her bed.
"How was the party?" Ellie asks quietly as summer closes the door before starting to get changed.
"Eventful." Summer answers.
"Want to talk about it?" Ellie asks as Summer finishes changing.
"I'll tell you tomorrow." Summer says turning the light off.
Summer climbs into bed next to her sister who turns over and lays her head on Summers chest.
"I'm glad you're home." Ellie tells her as Summer starts to play with her hair.
"Me to." Summer replies kissing Ellie's forehead.
With that the two Jones sisters fall asleep cuddled up to each other.