16.

16.

Ace in MM

Lauren.

I roll over hearing the blaring of my alarm going off. Ugh, it's 5:45am on a Saturday, and I have to get ready for my morning run with Ace. It's been 4 days since Amir left, and I haven't heard from him since he told me he made it home. It's making me feel like he was playing with my feelings when he was here. I need to clear my head, and running helps me do just that.

I silenced my alarm and swung my legs over the bed before heading to the bathroom to start my hygiene. After showering I put my hair in a messy bun, and put on my matching gray Nike sports bra and Pro Fit shorts along with a pair of Nike free runs in the same color.

I lay back on the bed and called Ace, "Hello," he said in a groggy voice. "Ugh I know you aren't still sleep." I complained into the phone. "Chill with the attitude little ma, I'm already on my way to Bayou Park." "Uh huh, then why it sounds like I just woke you up?" "Maybe cause that was the first time I spoke all morning, it's only 6:00 Lo." "Oh, but don't you love meeee." I said as I put on my baby voice. "What you want?" "For you to come pick me up, Sky's using my car today hers is in the shop." "I got you be outside in 3 minutes." "Ok," and with that I hung up.

5 minutes later, I heard the ding of my phone notifying me of a text, Ace, letting me know he was outside. I grabbed my Nike fuel band, along with my earphones, and arm band to hold my phone and cards. Once I double checked that I had everything I proceeded to leave.

"You always trying to work out in these little ass clothes," Ace fired off, as I got into his car. "Well damn, can I get a good morning at least?" I said as I rolled my eyes. "Nope." He said as he slapped my thigh. "Owwww! I'm telling!" "Who you gone tell, I'm grown." I sighed, "anyway, so Sky is pregnant." There was a bit of a pause. "Word, wasn't she just partying. How far along is she?" "She just found out a few days ago, but she's 13 weeks." He nodded and licked his lips, "is the baby ok, I know she was drinking at the barbecue, and at the club." "We don't know for sure, the doctor said the baby is developing normally so far, so we are praying for the best. She said she never had any symptoms, it's crazy." "It sounds crazy, but congrats to her, and old boy Rich right?" He asked. "Yeah, they're excited." I said as I smiled, and looked out the window as I took in the Houston scenery. "Are you excited to be an aunt?" he asked nudging my arm, bringing my focus back to him.

"I am, but I can't help but think about the miscarriage." I sighed, trying to swallow past the lump starting to form in my throat. "I told Amir about it." I said, as I looked at him. He peered over at me, then focused back on the road, "how did that work out?" "I think it brought us closer, but it feels like some of my wounds are reopening too. I haven't heard from him since he told me he made it home." I shook my head not knowing what to do. There's been this thought in my mind that this is happening, way too fast, that we've been separated for 3 years, I know I've changed, I'm sure he has. Are we trying to make something work off of assumptions of who we were? I don't want to be hurt again, and Amir has the power to do just that.

"It's all on how you feel ma, but have you reached out to him, or you waiting on him to hit you up. Maybe he's giving you some time?" "Ive texted and called, but nothing, have you talked to him?" "He sent an email yesterday about me emailing the paperwork to him to sign off on." I sucked my teeth, and turned back towards the window.

So he's back in New York living life as usual while I'm here waiting on a dream he's selling. "If you happy then let yourself be happy, and stop overthinking. He'd be an idiot to fuck this up again. You got the full package." Ace always knows how to make me feel better. "We're here." He stated as he parked his car.

As we exited the car I took in what Ace was wearing, he had on a gray Nike dry-fit fitted shirt, along with the matching basketball shorts, and gray Nike free sneakers. He obviously had his antennas in my closet. I put in my headphones, and went to my music, and selected If You're Reading This It's Too Late, and hit the shuffle button. Jungle, began to fill my ears as I started stretching. After about 5 minutes of warming up, we started on a jog. Quickly I began getting lost in my thoughts.