💎Chapter 2💎

"Next station is Vidhan Sabha. Doors will open on the left. Please mind the gap."

"Agla station Vidhan Sabha hai. Darwaze dai or khulenge. Kripaya savdhani se utre."

"Uss bechare ko bhanak tak nhi hui ki uski zindagi ab ek naya mor lene wali thi," shouted Anup Soni from the mobile of the person beside me.

Two people seated in front of me were busy in their own world while the rest of the coach was pretty much empty.

I pondered twice: once, when we had our lunch break before the practicals, and again on the way to the metro station. Normally that one-kilometre walk is enough to draw me to a conclusion regarding confusion. But today, my whole life experience couldn't determine the intention of this guy.

Was he being sarcastic?

Or was he really interested?

Or was it just him being impulsive to manipulate me into a trap?

I couldn't seek advice from Aditi either since her phone was out of reach. She keeps it off till she finishes her work.

So, the only thing left with me was my brain telling me not to call him, but my heart urged me to take the thrilling ride and enjoy a convo. After contemplating for 5 hours, I finally responded.

Are you free now?

And boarded the long train of waiting. I hoped for him to call me during my metro ride. Although communication might be difficult, I wouldn't be judged by anyone, unlike my nosy neighbors or even my grandmother, who has a knack for being overly curious.

I reached Kashmiri Gate in like 10 minutes or so, exited the metro and walked towards the violet line when a notification popped up.

*You have a message*

I rushed to check the message. And my heart was not ready for it.

Just got back from office.

I am in metro, probably will face issues.

It's fine with me.

I am free now. Not sure about next time.

Typing...

That eager to hear me😏

Oh Ishana control!!! Why did you reply in seconds? The horses in my heart were running at full speed. And now, my brain and heart wanted the same thing. His voice!

You better not disappoint me!

What will be the consequence?

Umm ...
..
.
I might lose interest in you.

Aree yaar🥺

Typing...

Theek h, rate me after the call?

Definitely 😁

No call was received and none was made. I boarded the metro, plunged on an empty seat, shifted my bag to my lap and sat like a pregnant lady in her second trimester.