Road To Haven

Y/N POV

Getting over my confusion we walk down the road to Haven. I look at Ruby as she looks over the map.

Y/N: "So what's the next town?"

Ruby: *tilts map hmming* "Looks like someplace called Shion."

Nora: "Never heard of that place."

Jaune: "I have. My family and I used to vacation there every summer."

Ruby: "What'd all you do?"

Jaune: "All we ever really did was camp and hike. When we went camping I got my own tent because I was special."

We all look at him. This makes him nervously rub the back of his head.

Jaune: "Also so my sisters would quit braiding my hair."

Y/N: "Didn't like the look?"

Jaune: "Eh. All they ever did was pigtails."

We share a laugh when a gasp is heard. We look to see the great Shion going up in smoke.

Jaune: "Oh no."

Y/N: "Let's check for survivors."

We head inside the ruined town. I look through the ruined buildings, hoping to find some sign of remaining life. Going past a burned building I see a man slumped against the wall with a hole in his side. 

Y/N: "Found someone!"

I run to him getting joined by the others.

Y/N: "What happened here?"

Man: *out of breath* "Woman. Showed up. Tore through us... like paper. It was... a nightmare."

We huddle up.

Ruby: "If we can get him to the next town then we can save him."

Nora: "What if he doesn't make it?"

Ruby: "He will. He's got to."

Y/N: "Then we better hurry."

Throwing the man onto my back we hurry down the road. After what feels like hours we finally arrive at a little village. Gently setting the guy down a doctor walks to him looking him over.

Doctor: "He's bleeding pretty badly. Get everything ready."

Nurses scramble to prep him. Meanwhile we're escorted out of the room.

Nora: "What do we do now?"

Ruby: "Well, since we're already here, why don't we just spend the night? Come morning we can continue on our walk to Haven."

Jaune: "Sounds like a plan to me."

Y/N: "Then let's do it."

Renting a room at the local inn we settle in. Later that night as I watch rain drench the land I look out into the dark distance. In doing so I see something glowing. I tilt my head when a hand is placed on my shoulder. I look finding Ruby.

Ruby: "It's getting late. You coming to bed?"

Y/N: "Yeah."

She walks away. Turning back to the window I see that glow gone. Shaking my head I head off to bed. 

*meanwhile*

In the distance we see a cloaked figure staring at the inn. They narrow their eyes in anger. 

Figure: "That's right child. Rest. Because come tomorrow, you draw your last breath."

Y/N POV

The next morning we head out. 

Nora: "Another day full of new adventures."

She looks over her shoulder at us.

Nora: "What's on the agenda for today?"

Ren: "Walking."

Nora: "With a side of?"

Jaune: "More walking."